Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #1

Can of worms

i HOPE I DONT START A BATTLE HERE BUT I HAVE STAYED AT SOME PARKS WHICH I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUT WHERE IS SOME GOOD PLACES IN SAY A 5-6 STATE AREA AROUND ARKANSAS CENTRAL US WHICH ARE TOP NOTCH PLACES FOR LARGER COACHES CONCRETE PADS ECT NO GRAVEL DUST YOU KNOW THE ONES I AM TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE DONE HOME WORK ON SOME PLACES AND GET THERE AND THEY ARE NOTHING LIKE THE WERE PRESENTED SAY 90 FT PULL THRU THEY MIGHT BE 75 AND HAVE POST ON EACH SIDE OF DRIVE TO TRY TO KEEP FROM HITTING I'M QUITE SURE SOME OF YOU HAVE FIRST HAND EXP ON THIS ANY ADVICE THANKS MUCH
greg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Caps lock broken????

Were you looking for suggestions on parks to stay at in your region?
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
Caps lock broken????

Were you looking for suggestions on parks to stay at in your region?
Yes sir and my cap locks were on and I didn't notice till nearly done didn't want to start over no screaming here sorry!!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi greg-1,
If you want a place with plenty of variety for things to do, get on I40 and head East. The Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg area is something to be considered. There are three places with what you described. Hidden Mountain Resort (The Dell), 2 Rivers and Cove Creek. All are nice places to stay. Each has their own personality. The Dell has the location. It is right next to the entertainment area of Pigeon Forge. It is about a mile off the Parkway. This means there is no noise and plenty of peace and quiet.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #5

Ozarks RV Resort on Table Rock lake is a nice park, secluded and quiet, about a 30 minute drive to Branson and not that far to Eureka Springs. It's an ownership park so some lots are nicer than others. There are some nice lake view pull in lots.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
I have always found RV Park Review a great and accurate source
of opinions from folks who have stayed at the park. They also
display all rated parks by State and then city, so searching is
easy. Here is the link: Reviews of RV Parks and Campgrounds - RV Park Reviews
I look at the numbered ratings and then read the low scoring
reviews to see what the problem was, sometimes an excellent
park will get a bad review for an odd reason. And then again
some folks are never happy.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #7

Thanks for the info and fully agree on the some folks pick a little much thanks again
Old 12-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
There is book for big rigs that gives great recommendations. All the parks featured in it have been visited bu the authors. In a lot of cases they even suggest which site in the park are the nicest. The book is titled Big Rig Best Bets. I've used it and while not totally comprerhensive is very accurate.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #9

I've been from FL to AK and routinely use campgroundreviews.com first, followed by visiting the prospective CGs web site, and in some cases zoom in via Google maps. I only ended up up at one CG I didn't want to stay in. I have a 45 Prevost conversion so my turn radius is about as wide as anything out there and besides the one CG, I was able to navigate every other CG I stopped at. I have the big rig book, but quickly shelved it. It does have good information, but was too limited to be useful for me. Others may want to stay in the places the author did in the towns they stayed in. Too often they didn't stay in the same towns I wanted to.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs, AR is a super spot.
As for RV Park Reviews, we've been burned a number of times, but apparently what is just great for some is not tolerable for others, so we're extremely cautious about the reliability.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by michguy View Post
As for RV Park Reviews, we've been burned a number of times...
As wiith any review, it's only as good as the data provided by reviewers. As for RvParkReviews, make sure the CG has a fair number of reviews. Just a few reviews can be friends and families or competitors. RVParkReviews also shows each reviewer's other reviews. If a reviewer only has a hand full of reviews I don't put much weight on their reviews. Sorry to hear this site failed you, apparently repeatedly.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote