Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #1

Colorado Mountain Driving

I am planning a summer 2016 trip through Colorado. I am starting in Cortex, then up to Montrose, then to Gunnison and into Colorado Springs via hiways 50, 285 and 24. My coach is a 2015 Tuscany 36MQ; my cousin has a 2015 Entegra 45 footer. We are both towing SUV's. Any concerns that we should be aware of?????????????
jbphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Son lives in the Springs, and also Beuna Vista. (love Beuna Vista ) Going over the passes can be long, and some times narrow roadways. Going from the Springs West, was pushed a little to the right by a limo, and scraped a very large rock!! On my 1st MH, had to watch engine heat. You should enjoy the trip, beautiful.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #3

I used to live in Montrose and have driven those routes many times. Take it easy, enjoy the scenery and you will be fine. If traffic backs up behind you there are plenty of spots where you can pull over.
Cortez to Montrose is easy and beautiful Stop on top of Lizard Head pass for pics, don't recommend you drive your rigs into Telluride. If you do, go all the way through town to the old mine area and you will have room to turn around.
For reference sake I drove all of those routes with my 40 Winnebago Vectra pulling a 20 ft enclosed car hauler,
Old 05-20-2016, 05:55 PM   #4

From Cortez you'll want to take 145 north toward Telluride, then 62 to Ridgway and on to Montrose. From there 50 & 24 are gorgeous easy drives. Have fun!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado