Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #1

Colorado Springs to Estes Park

I know the answer to my question in here somewhere, but with a marginal connection and way to many "search" results, here I go.

Colorado Sprongs to Estes, 25 north to?

470 to 6 to 93 to 36? (Shortest way)

Or

470-70-58-93-36

Or

470 toll east around Denver to 36 on the northwest side (Long way)

Or?

Thanks!

Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I'd pay the toll and go E470. Can get pricy depending on # of axles but worth it in my opinion.
Sometimes you can go non stop I 25 thru Denver but more than likely you won't

The other routes can also have slow traffic.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Go to E470 website and you can calculate your tolls
Old 08-28-2016, 05:28 PM   #4

Took the toll around Denver from Estes going back east. They mailed me a bill for $31. A little steep but no traffic.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If you've got flexibility on the day/time I'd go right through - get in the middle lane and go. Sunday a.m. of course is best but even weekdays say 10 or 2 isn't bad. While it doesn't take much to gum up the works that can also happen easily north or south of Denver

The tollway is nice but adds cost and time - worth it if you can't pick your time or google traffic shows there is a big problem on I25
Old 08-29-2016, 07:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I know the answer to my question in here somewhere, but with a marginal connection and way to many "search" results, here I go.

Colorado Sprongs to Estes,

Or?

Thanks!
OK - This to see Colorado? - if so let's get out of the Foothills/plains and get into the mountains and enjoy the drive - JMHO - Easy for me I'd head out of the Springs on Rt 24 to Buena Vista - With the Collegiates - 4x4 trails to die for - Crested Butte - Twin Lakes - Independence pass as a day drive in the toad - Turquoise Lake - Leadville - Silverthorne - Kremmling - Lake Granby - Trail Ridge - Estes.

But this would take a little longer - and require you to be immersed in the Beauty and conditions most of us come to Colorado for.

JMHO,
Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:22 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Did this very trip in July. Didn't have the time to take longer routes. Just took I-25 to SR66/US36. Worked great except for a little overheating. Sure is a long grade up to Estes Park.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
OK - This to see Colorado? - if so let's get out of the Foothills/plains and get into the mountains and enjoy the drive - JMHO - Easy for me I'd head out of the Springs on Rt 24 to Buena Vista - With the Collegiates - 4x4 trails to die for - Crested Butte - Twin Lakes - Independence pass as a day drive in the toad - Turquoise Lake - Leadville - Silverthorne - Kremmling - Lake Granby - Trail Ridge - Estes.

But this would take a little longer - and require you to be immersed in the Beauty and conditions most of us come to Colorado for.

JMHO,
This is the last "real" leg if our summer trip. As for CO, we spent a week in Carbondale and a week in Breckinridge (got the first snows of the fall at the higher elevations last week) before we got to CS.

We've done Telluride a couple times for the Jazz festival in the last few years, but hitting the SW part of the state in the RV will happen on another trip.

Love CO!

As for getting to Estes, unless the gps shows something red, I think we'll try the straight through route mid day 25-36.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
IMO, I25 to 34 is better and quicker.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #10

Leave Colorado springs around 8:30 am, then you will hit Denver around 10ish or so and just drive thru Denver on I-25. Have done it several times, even better on a Sunday.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:04 PM   #11

Just taking 25 to 36 mid day was a non event, no hassle drive.

The climb up to Estes wasn't too bad. For most of the way, we had a DP, an older gasser, and me together. At one point, I pulled off to let a string of cars go by, but at the first light in Estes, all 3 of us were nose to tail again......

Heading east from here when we leave, we'll be taking 80, so need to check out taking 34 out of Estes which is the more northern route, but there was a sign in town about construction so need to see what I can find out.....

Thanks for all the relplies!
Old 08-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #12

Lots of construction on that route- washed out a while back.

Tags
colorado