Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2015, 01:53 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dallas to Fayetteville AR

Headed from Austin to Fayetteville Ar day after tomorrow to deliver the youngest to the University of Arkansas.. Can anyone say empty nester! I know i-35 from Austin to Dallas will be fun. Planning on toll roads through Dallas. Has anyone done the run up 69/75 to I 40 through OK Lately. We made the run a year ago and come back through OK city to avoid 69/75. Need to make the trip in one day. Thanks and safe travels to all. JD
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #2

The best route is north on 75 toward Plano and north on 69 then East on I-40 and north on I-49. 340 easy miles.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I know the route. Just wanted to know if anyone has done it last couple weeks and what to expect. jD
Old 08-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
That is the roughest stretch of road I have driven since owning an RV. Your in Lakeway, right? I live at 71 and Pedernales. I made that trip as far as I-40 on the way to a race in Wheatland, MO about 5 times over 3 years. After one trip up 35 through DFW and up 75/69, I said never ever again in an RV. We now take 281 to 380, just S of Jacksboro. 380 to Denton, I-35 to Davis, OK; 7 to Ada, OK; then 377 N to I-40. We stopped over several times at Hidden Lake RV south of Ardmore. It is a little slower but much more scenic and less stressful.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Been several months to travel that road. I only remember it being quite bad North of Muskogee. Nothing comes to mind up to I-40.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Scotty
After my first run up there I also said never again. Made the trip in car in April lots of construction in OK. Tryin to find out how it is today. Thanks for the tips and if I turn it into two days I'll check out your spot. I have a noon delivery on Thursday. JD