Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Diesel prices in St louis, OK city, Amarillo TX,Albuquerque NM

And/Or any place along the route
I am going on vacation out west in 1 month. I am trying to plan me money for the trip.
One of my fellow worker at the plant tells me gas was 76 cents chaeper in Myrtle beach than it is here.
So It really showed how little i was aware of the prices arounfd the country. (usually our area was in line with the national average but that info makes me wonder)
PLEASE do not turn this thread into High Gas/Diesel price thread.
I just need a idea of the current prices along the route.
I have two 50 gallon fuel tanks so I want to find where it is the lowest and of course buy as much as possible at that point.

Route will be:
I-64 Huntington WV, to St louis MO,
I-44 to Ok city OK, Though Amarillo TX
I-40 to Albuquerque NM
Then Going north on 550 into Colorado.

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Easy to check with:

www.gasbuddy.com

TW

TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW View Post
Easy to check with:

www.gasbuddy.com

TW
THanks a bundle!! that works!!
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Also try Gas Prices - MSN Autos you can click and drag along your route.
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #5

Here in Perry ok gas is $3.61/ gal. We r north of OKC 60 miles. It is maybe $.10 cheaper per gal in the city .
Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #6

I use Find The Cheapest Truck Stop - TruckMaster Fuel Finder as it is more diesel oriented.

Gary
Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good Luck on knowing what prices will be a month from now.
Why not just figure on $4 a gal at your MPG and if you have any money left over. Go out for a steak & lobster dinner.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
According to an ardent Flying J poster, Flying J and Pilot are the lowest prices around. That has not been my experience as I've always found independents cheaper.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:50 AM   #9

Does Flying J or any other truck stops have fuel discount cards? I've been asked at stations before but never inquired about them, Thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 AM   #10

Fuel Prices

I just drove from Lyons, CO to Norfolk, VA (via Chuckey, TN) mostly along I-70, 40, 81 and 64 and used $4/gal fuel estimate for budgeting - average price along the way was $3.86 and Pilot/Flying J offered a .10/gal discount for cash. Earlier comment about independants being less expensive was true for me - south of St. Loius I found fuel for $3.76/gal.

Best bet is to use the website mentioned earlier for update...and "keep your foot out of it" - I set the cruise at 2,000 RPM (abt 67 mph) and averaged 11.7 mpg.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Does Flying J or any other truck stops have fuel discount cards? I've been asked at stations before but never inquired about them, Thanks
I know that Flying J has a discount card for gas & diesel. Can get one and register it at station. Flying J and Pilot are together now. Flying J has RV dedicated RV lanes for gas & diesel but I don't think all of the Pilots do. They are located right off the interstates so it is easy on and off. The discounts don't add up to much but every little bit helps. Check their website for more information.
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #12

You need to get an application and send it in for the Flying J loyalty card. It might be available online but you cannot get the card at the station. Flying J fuel is now almost universally the highest priced fuel in any particular town but the cheapest might not be a convenient place to fuel. If you are going to be in the St. Louis area and headed N., plan to stop in Springfield, IL as the fuel in that one small pocket is the cheapest anywhere nearby. The Road Ranger station was just about .20 cents a gallon cheaper than the Flying J there as well.
I use Gas Buddy as linked above.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #13

check out-

http://www.gocomchek.com/

Enter the type of road (I'state#/State Hwy#) direction of travel and they will list all the major truck stops (not Flying J or Mom and Pop convience stations) along the way.

and

Diesel fuel prices and surcharge in highway truck stops

Just click on the logo of the brand that you are interested in.

1998 Hitchhiker ll, mod#31RLBGBW, RBW L'tl Rocker Hitch, Generac NP50 G generator
richardcoxid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel