Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2006, 06:08 AM   #1

How is the highway between Tifton GA and Tallahassee FL? I've never driven it but will very soon. My Streets and Trips doesn't show any recent construction along that route. I see it goes through Thomasville. Any advice?

Thanks.

'06 Jeep Liberty Limited
dlhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2006, 06:08 AM   #2

How is the highway between Tifton GA and Tallahassee FL? I've never driven it but will very soon. My Streets and Trips doesn't show any recent construction along that route. I see it goes through Thomasville. Any advice?

Thanks.

'06 Jeep Liberty Limited
Old 05-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you might mean Tifton, GA. To Tallahassee, FL. You shouldn't have any problems, either on the interstate, of the back roads.
Drive safe and enjoy.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:48 PM   #4

Contemplating traveling Hwy 19 from Atlanta to Thomasville then 319 into Tallahassee. May hop off at Albany and spend night. I understand that Hwy 19 isn't too bad a route. It's four lane mostly and goes through some nice country side as well.

'06 Jeep Liberty Limited
Old 05-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #5

Hw 19 is a great way to come to T'ville and Tally town. Just make sure you get the 2nd exit off 75 to Hw 19. There is an earlier exit for 19, but I'm sure it is thru a lot of traffic. You might want to stay at Georgia Vetrans Mem State Park just south of Perry Ga in this case stay on 75 until you get to (forgot the exit nr) park. Then pick up Hw 19. If you got thru Albany, and decide not to stay at GVMSP there is a nice park just south of town on the East side of the road (do not know the name). When you get to T'ville, turn right on hw 319 (red lite) and go straight thry town--I take my 37' MH thru downtown TV all the time. Hw 319 is double laned with a center median all the way to Tally town--new road south of town. Are you staying in Tallahassee? We live in Tallahassee. let me know if I can help further. s/Toby
Old 05-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #6

I should also say, the exit I was talking about was off 75 in Atlanta to HW 19. Also, I do not know why you would go to Tifton unless you stay on I-75 all the way down. You can pick up the Florida-Georgia turnpikeHW 300) off I-75 from the GVMSP. Hw300 which merges with Hw 19, I think in Albany. Then stay on Hw 19 till you get to TV. I need to get my map out-- I hope I gave you right directions. The mind down't hold memory very long anymore. s/Toby
Old 05-31-2006, 04:47 PM   #7

Thought I had beter ck the map to give you the right info. From Atlanta (go stright thru Atlanta do not take the bypass, the Semis take this, stay on i-75. Off I-75 take exit 235 to Hw 19/41 and stay on 19/41 until it splits south of Griffin--stay on 19. You can stay in Americus at the Brickyard Plantation GC and RV Park ( $10 for Passport Am and $5 green fees for golf) it on hw 280 due east of Americus 229-874-1234. If you want to stay in Albany try Devencrest Travel Park right on hw 19 912-432-2641. When you get to Thomasville turn right at the red lite on to Hw 319 and stay on it all the way to Tallahassee. Go thru downtown Thomasville on 319--not bad. Stop and eat at O'niells just past the old train station if you want some good souther food (buffet $7 lunch only)

If you want to stay on I-75 and stay at the Geo Vets Memorial State Park (nice --been thre several times) get off at exit 101 to Hw 280 West and go 10 miles. Golf there too. From here you can either get back on I-75 and get off at Tiffton on Hw 319 and stay on it all the way to Tally town. If you have any Qxs let me know s/Toby
Old 05-31-2006, 04:57 PM   #8

Thought I had better go back and ck the map. From Atlanta (do not take the bypass go stright thru-- the semis take the bypass) take exit #235 to Hw 19/41 South. Just Past Griffin Hw 19 and 41 split--make sure you stay on 19. There is a CG in Americus called Brickyard Plantaion GC and RV Park ($10 for Passport America and $5 green fees for golf) its on hw 280 east out of Americua 229-874-1234. If you want to stay in Albany try Devencrest Travel PARK just south of town 912-432-2641. Stay on 19 till you get to Thomasville then get on 319 at the red light-- turn south (right). Go thru downtown Thomasville-- I do it all the time with my 37' MH.

If you want to stay on I-75 and stay at the Georgia Vets Memorial State Park get off at exit 101 on Hw 280 West and go 10 miles. Get back on I-75 and get off at Tifton and stay on hw 319 all the way to Tally town. or you could stay on 280 west until you get to hw 118 at Leslie and go to Smithville to get on hw 19 South. If you have any Qxs let me know s/Toby
Old 05-31-2006, 07:42 PM   #9

In January, we ran from Cordele to Panama City Beach. This involved running part of Hwy 19 thru Albany. Ga Veterans is a great campground (you can park at the Super Wal-Mart overnight if you want).

Hwy 300/GA-FL Hwy to Right turn at Clark Avenue (You will see the Miller Brewing sign on the corner) to Hwy 19S. We then get off at Exit 1 but you would stay on it. Roads aren't bad but if during watermelon harvest time, watch for farm buses around Cordele.