Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question East Coast?

Best route from Michigan to Maine?
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2019, 07:01 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It kinda depends. More specific?
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:59 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question Best route?

We'd be traveling from the Ann Arbor area of Michigan to Bar Harbor, Maine, during the summer of 2020 or 2021. Although the tollways are easy travel, they tend to be very expensive when you have a 40' DP towing a truck. Is there an alternative route that would still be freeway (not all the little towns and stoplights!) but not be toll? Maybe more scenic? But still have truck stops for diesel?
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I/90 to just before Boston then I/495 around Boston and then onto I/95. Get an EZ-Pass it will save you time and money. BUT it will cost a lot. Ohio & NY over $50.00 and MA $ 25- 30. There are many other lovely routes but you have to say what you are looking for.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
I/90 to just before Boston then I/495 around Boston and then onto I/95. Get an EZ-Pass it will save you time and money. BUT it will cost a lot. Ohio & NY over $50.00 and MA $ 25- 30. There are many other lovely routes but you have to say what you are looking for.

Just did from NE PA to Maine. Rt195 and I84 really suck. Rough roads and tons of construction from two lanes into one. Never again.

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #6

Ready Born?? Hang on tight.....
Run 23 to I475 (you are in Toledo now) to
I-75 NORTH to
I- 280 South (you are now east of the Maumee) to
Exit 7 for SR 2 (Ohio Rt 2) That is a clear and fast 2 lane for about 20 miles until it becomes limited access all the way to Cleveland.
It actually joined I-90 in Elyria and stay with I-90 on through Cleveland (You will have to pay attention to make this happen) to just past Erie.
At Exit 37 trade off to I-86. You are now on NYs Southern Tier (non toll).
Near Elmira, you get passed off the SR 17 still a fast road most of the way.
As you approach Binghamton, keep watching. You need to pick up I-81 to cross the river and pick up I-88.
You can take I-88 all the way to Schenectady to the toll road.
Or, you can bail at Duenesburg exit 24 for Rt 20. This is an OK road, but not fast.
From here, you are kind of stuck. You get to cross the Hudson, and then there is no good and fast road east from there.
Mass pike will be fast, but remember you are in Massataxus and when they see all those tires......
I wish you many boring hours of driving and great seafood when you get there.

Frank - a refugee from the megopolis of the east coast.
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast