Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #15

Great replies...thank you. Since many snowbirds are making the journey south to Florida from the Northeast it might be a good idea to post cheap gas/diesel prices you find on your way!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Would recommend you consider Camp Pedro at South of the Border. Good paved roads and parking spots.

FJF

Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to rrountree Send a message via Yahoo to rrountree
Having done I-95 from Florida to Maine several times in our RV, my advise is to have a good campground directory and a Wal-Mart location guide on board, but don't plan ahead too much. You will inevitably drive further or less than expected, depending on road conditions and your pace, especially your first trip.

My advice is to enjoy the journey, stop when you're tired or ready to pull off the highway, not base your overnights on a predetermined itinerary.

You'll get there soon enough. Enjoy the trip!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #18

Just off 95 at the Canadys exit (first south of St. George) is Shuman's park across from the State Park on hwy 15. $17 for full hookups, very quiet and good utilities with pull thrus and wifi. Many regulars come here for a break from the road noise . Easy access as well and really nice host.
ian
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #19

Any updated news on way to Florida?

Quote:
Originally Posted by win35p View Post
Great replies...thank you. Since many snowbirds are making the journey south to Florida from the Northeast it might be a good idea to post cheap gas/diesel prices you find on your way!
Well, after many delays we will finally be on the road to Florida from NJ come this weekend. Any updates to this previous thread? It looks like the cheapest fuel is in South carolina. Any experiences, good or bad, at Walmarts or Cracker Barrels along the way (I95)? Thanks
win35p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
gas has gone up .40+ here in FL. Christmas it was $3.02. Now its $3.43+ give or take a few pennies close to the interstate.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #21

We have made the trip from PA to Orlando 3 times in the past year. I prefer the Florence Flying J as well. We spent the night at the Savannah,GA KOA our first and last time (unless I loose 10-15 feet off my rig). We tow a Jeep Liberty behind our 40 footer. I reserved a pull-thru site so that I wouldn't have to unhook. We arrived in a downpour just before dark. The front of my coach was at the edge of the road as the jeep hung slightly out the back. I asked the attendant if the surrounding campers were only overnighters and expressed my concern about leaving in the morning. He said "Most are" and drove off. I had an uneasy night worrying how I was going to get out. We had to delay leaving till 2 other units in front and beside left. I had to swing into 2 other sites to get out..one family was cooking breakfast. They were gracious but I could tell irritated and I felt like an idiot.

I will say the campground is super nice, well kept, modern looking, well stocked store (nice wine selection) and even the store staff was great. However, it is NOT big rig friendly!
Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to rrountree Send a message via Yahoo to rrountree
If you have an iPhone, iPad or Android, download the apps for GasBuddy and Walmart. Both have locator maps based on your current location. GasBuddy is amazingly accurate with prices for gas and diesel up to 35 miles ahead of you. (irv2 also has an app sou can update us on your journey)
Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a couple of places I've stayed in GA, but alas, on 95 nothing north of there.

Both are in Macintosh County. One is Macintosh Lake RV park spent one night there, nice folks, nice park, good overnight area, easy in/out. City is Townsend, GA

The other, also in Townsend, is Cat Head Creek RV park and ranch. Now overnight there is easy, and good, they are nearly all pull through sites which (Over night sites at Macintosh lake are pull through as well) but think of staying at least through Thursday.

49 is the exit for the Darian outlet mall (not all that great but still a good mall) to get to the rv park turn in the direction of the mall and go 3 miles.

If you happen to be there Thursday Evening hike to Cowboy Church long about six pm, Take a dish to pass (Praise the lord and pass the casserole or dessert, (I usually took cookies)) Those folks like to eat.

I spent over two months at that one. (My daughter lives in Darien), If you stay there tell Bill I said HI.. (John from Detroit or tell him my daughter lives in Dairan and he'll know)