Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #1

first road trip

we have decided to do our first road trip and heading to Sargent Nebraska. any suggestions on RV parks which are pet friendly and what is the Norm fee. thank you in advance .DJay Hofer
DJayHofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just downloaded rvparking.com and iExit. Might give-um a try. Bill
Old 07-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #3

Carolina Campers
If you have a smart phone, get the Allstays Camp & RV app. I found to RO be very useful as I travel across the country.

Golden Acres RV Park Campground, Sargent, Nebraska 68874 - Broadway St and Jessie St, GPS: 41.63836, -99.37191
$$, All Year, 5 sites, No tent, electric, elec-water hookups, water, toilets, dump, pet friendly, pool (C)

Calamus State Recreation Area Campground, Burwell, Nebraska 68823 - 6 miles NW on HWY #96 from the West edge of Burwell., GPS: 41.84868, -99.21560
$$, All Year, 177 sites, Tents, 2285 ft elev, 122 electric only sites, 30/50 amp, tables, grill, water, toilets, showers, dump, playground (C)

Burwell City Park Campground, Burwell, Nebraska 68823 - N. 8th St, GPS: 41.78900, -99.13400
$, All year, 8 sites, Tents, 2143 ft elev, electric only sites, grill, water, toilets, showers, playground (C)

Taylor Tourist Park Campground, Taylor, Nebraska - Hwy 91, GPS: 41.77027, -99.38267
$$, All Year, 6 sites, Tents, 6 full hookups, electric, water, dump, pet friendly, playground (C)

www.nebraskapassport.com/
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #4

I started my teaching career in Burwell, NE about the time they invented dirt. Sargent was a nearby town ...

Two places that have not been mentioned in previous posts:
  1. Victoria Springs State Recreation Area ... west of Sargent 1/2 hour
  2. Willow Springs RV Resort ... east of Burwell about 2 miles
I have stayed at Willow Springs ... it is a decent place run by a very accommodating couple ... there are many seasonal campers there ...

I have never stayed at Victoria Springs SRA ... but I have stayed at several other SRA and they were quite nice. The Calamus River SRA was developed after I lived in Burwell ... I drove by the campground about a decade ago ... it was needing lots of shade at that time. It was a busy place with boaters and anglers ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote