Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Florida Panhandle to Charleston, SC

Headed to Charleston from the Florida Panhandle next week. Planning on taking I-10 to I-295 around Jax to I-95 and on up to Charleston with an overnight somewhere just North of Jax.

Any comments on the planned route?

AND, any recommendations on a good overnight CG in that area that is close to I-95?

Capt Joe

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on W20 w/8.1L and Allison
Capt Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by Capt Joe View Post
AND, any recommendations on a good overnight CG in that area that is close to I-95?
Capt Joe, Pecan Park in JAX works great for us but it's right where we need to be from Myrtle Beach. You might want to try to make it to Kings Point in Georgia. I believe at Exit 1 (thereabouts) there's a Good Sam and a KOA park. There's also a Sonny's BBQ !

03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
Flying J with a few spots at the Georgia MM #29 and large truck park lot so can set off to the side normally
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I used to live in Beaufort, SC and traveled to visit family- in Pensacola- many times. The route that you described was the way that I traveled. It is a very easy run.

Here is one place to stay: POINT SOUTH KOA CAMPGROUND -- South Carolina

1990 Itasca Suncruiser 32'
1996 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
7 Pomeranians, a white Chuihuhia & a 1982 Honda Express Scooter
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the input.

We will probably try the CGs at Exit 1 in GA off I95...unless we get there too early in the day and feel like running a few more miles.

In looking at the map, I do see there is another possibility for getting around Jax....taking US301 before you get to I295. That takes you to A1A and on over to I95. Haven't been over to the I295 in several years and don't know about traffic, etc there. 301 looks like a 2 lane road and the short stretch of A1A looks 4 lane. Any info, comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Capt Joe
Capt Joe

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on W20 w/8.1L and Allison
Capt Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Capt Joe,
Its been a couple of years, but we came back from Savannah and went to Suawanee River State Park before heading back to Orlando. We came down 95, took 295 to 10 and headed west (the opposite of what you are doing). It was a decent ride, and I didn't think it was too trafficy (my own word meaning too much traffic).

2007 Itasca Sunova 35J
2006 Saturn Vue
CurbCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
We've taken both routes mentioned, several times, and prefer US301 but it has been a couple of years.

King of the Road 5th Wheel
Chevy truck
Lee C is online now   Reply With Quote