RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #1

Florida to Georgia via highway 441

A club member has suggested using highway 441 to travel north from Florida To Georgia . We would start from I-10 in Florida and go north through central Georgia to I-85 at Commerce . Eventually ending up near Boone , N.C. . Our coaches are all 40' DP's . Anyone out there that has done this route ? Any suggestions for RV parks on 441 ? We are tired of the Interstates and the traffic .

Thank you

Furniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #2

lools like a very easy scenic route thru most of ‘flatland’ Georgia, just stopping in every town, though, if you’re up to that...

I’m a Georgia boy, but from the US19 side of the state, on the west side...US19 will also take you from Tampa thru Georgia, and states north... also a nice variance from interstates, now much of which is 4 laned, and certainly not heavily used... I imagine 441 is similar.

as for rv parks or campgrounds, Scenic Mountain RV park, just S of Milledgeville, looks like an easy stop off 441 and well sized for your rigs, before you head on into the N Georgia and N Carolina mountains!

enjoy!

https://www.scenicmountainrv.com/

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #3

We have taken Hwy 441 N from Hwy 16 to Hwy 85. Very nice way to go.

Scenic Mountain is great. We were there in the last couple of months. 441 is four lanes except for about 10 miles the whole way. It has little traffic compared to going 95...We just were on it this past weekend.

ETA: It is rolling hills the whole way. Really not flat. You'll come to hills and curves that aren't really marked. However, in a DP you'll be fine. We were being passed by the few big rigs out there on Sunday. It was really windy and the gusts were blowing us around since the wind was coming from the west and we were going N. The rolling curves didn't help. Or, we're Noobs and still learning. Probably both...
Old 04-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
vwd

441 goes through my hometown, Douglas, Ga. Just east of Douglas is General Coffee State Park. Lots of sites for 40 footer, some 30 and some 50 amp. Very wooded.Walmart and restaurants within 8-10 miles
vwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #5

Florida to Georgia via highway 441

Thank you to all who replied . Sounds like a good trip . Stopping at all the towns will not bother us . Our club president has never passed a Dairy Queen without stopping .

Thank you.
Furniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #6
doc

Appalachian Campers
Good ride and not boring like the interstates. Have done that a couple of times. We live in N Georgia and use 441 a lot heading from 85 into Franklin and Cherokee area
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #7

US 441 is good. Be sure to take the eastern bypass around Athens.

Tags
florida