Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Flying J (Latta, SC)

Leaving in about two weeks for Florida. While doing some initial planning, I was thinking about spending the night in the Flying J in Latta, SC. (I-95; x181)

Has anyone stopped there for the night? Decent place or should we keep on looking. We would be arriving around midnight.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ejm4,
My assumption is you will park in the truck section. If that is correct, all Js are about the same. Pulling in around midnight may be a problem. It depends on how full they are. There may be no way to get a "pull through" place to park. On the other side, the few RV sites will already be taken by those who pull in around 3 PM and stake their claim for the evening.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #3

We always try to stay at that flying J at latta s.c. there is a big field out behind the restaurant maybe 10 acres = - and if the weather has been kind of dry we stay there.....we never stay where the big trucks are,,,no need to stay there....anyway easy to get into and out and just the noise from route 95 and the trucks using their jake brakes but again not a bad place to put up for the night....just my input....hope this helps...
happy camping
Bill
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
If you find the J is crowded you can go back across 95 (West side) to the Hess station, they have a large parking lot and you might find a good spot. Also will be quieter.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm4 View Post
Leaving in about two weeks for Florida. While doing some initial planning, I was thinking about spending the night in the Flying J in Latta, SC. (I-95; x181)

Has anyone stopped there for the night? Decent place or should we keep on looking. We would be arriving around midnight.
check this free website for walmarts that allow overnight parking. ask store management or security for permission and where to park. this site is updated by users by email. there are several wally worlds along 95 in sc but i don't see one in latta. this site also lists home depots, etc.

http://www.allstays.com/c/wal-mart-locations-map.htm
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote