Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
From NC to Keystone, SD

Traveling from Lumberton, NC to Keystone, SD in two weeks with the family any suggestions for travel route and places to stop?

Greg1631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Greg1631 View Post
Traveling from Lumberton, NC to Keystone, SD in two weeks with the family any suggestions for travel route and places to stop?

it would help if we knew more about your rv.
you can add this info to the signature block in your profile.

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #3

Carolina Campers
I assume you know how to get to Asheville, NC.

Then take I-40 to Nashville, TN.

Take I-24 up into IL until you get to I-57.

Take I-57 to Mount Vernon, where you will get on I-64.

Take I-64 to St Louis and them get on I-70.

I-70 will get you to Kansas City where you will pick up I-29.

I-29 will take you to Sioux Falls, SD. You will then get on I-90.

I-90 will take you to Rapid City. You will take 16 down to Keystone.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
What kinds of things does your family enjoy visiting?

The Gateway Arch and the Museum of Western expansion in St. Louis is fantastic ... as is the Arch across I-80 near Kearney, NE which shows the change to the area from when the Bison roamed the region until today ...

The Hoover Presidential Library in eastern Iowa is educational ... learn how Hoover mobilized a food supply to feed the starving people of eastern Europe and that organization has morphed into UNICEF

There are lots of waterparks and tourist attractions in Wisconsin Dells ...

The Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota is a popular stopping place as is Wall Drug in Wall, SD (If you like pictures of life in the old west ... there is an excellent gallery back near the dinosaur ... ask if you can't find it on your own)

You can watch barge traffic go up and down the Mississippi River as you cross it ... look for locks ... they are the most interesting

Winnebago Motorhomes are made in Forest City, IA ... you can tour the factory ... they have tours twice a day ...

If you are into paleontology there is a great museum, Morrill Hall, on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus ... and a very interesting State Historical Park in northeast Nebraska ... Called Ashfall Fossill Beds state park ... you will be amazed at the critters that roamed Nebraska ...

The Amana Colonies are just north of I-80 in eastern Iowa ... they have great food, wine, make furniture ... this is an interesting stop ... they have a RV park

These are things that I have seen ... that I think others might be interested in.

I am not going to give you any advice on routes ... I try to never travel more than half of each day on interstates ... and I am more interested in what I want to see along the way rather than the most direct route for point A to point B

I have lived in Wisconsin for about 50 years ... I have family in Nebraska and Wyoming ... I have travelled darn near every possible road between here and there ... so in addition to the things I have mentioned I have seen .... House on the Rock, Danish Windmills, the Sandhills of Nebraska, Mormon Trail, Chimney Rock, Carhenge, Badlands, etc.
2004 Winnebago Journey 39W - 2012 Buick Enclave
Present @home Home: Oshkosh, WI
We call our rig "Ernie the Journey"

skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote