Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We will be traveling from Niagara Falls to meet some friends in Canada before going over to Prince Edward Island. My Co Pilot Live says to go through Canada to PEI but MS Street and Trips says to go over the the east coast of USA and then up the coast through Boston MA and Portland ME. We need to make the trip as quick as possible so I am looking for recommendations

Thanks for any input

itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We will be traveling from Niagara Falls to meet some friends in Canada before going over to Prince Edward Island. My Co Pilot Live says to go through Canada to PEI but MS Street and Trips says to go over the the east coast of USA and then up the coast through Boston MA and Portland ME. We need to make the trip as quick as possible so I am looking for recommendations

Thanks for any input

Old 08-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Looking at Yahoo Maps it does look like that is the fastest route. You wouldn't actually go through Boston, but around it. The only variable would be traffic. Going north through Canada seems to add about 3 hours to the trip but it would probably be a nicer drive. Traffic around Toronto and Montreal can be awful too.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:48 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
We just came up the east coast on 95 and no major const.problems. We are crossing to Newfoundland today. When we go back in three weeks we are taking Hwy 3 across the NE. and along Lk Ontario to the falls, but we are not in a hurry.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Not sure if you are still reading this posting, but consider that diesel was 79.9USD/L in Bangor,ME and it was 105.3CDN/L in New Brunswick. I get 10mpg so $1.00 translates into an additional 10 cents per mile fuel cost in Canada. We are currently paying 113.3CDN/L in Newfoundland. But the scenery is awesome.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #6

in our area of southern Ontario, we are 2 1/2 hrs. north east of the Falls, Diesel is 92.8L. Down a little from 2 weeks ago. wasn't even too high for the civic holiday weekend-last week. Doesn't matter really, we are all a captive audience for the oil companies and we will be heading to SW Arizona come Oct. I refuse to put gas in the "snowblower! LOL Dona

2004 F350/6.0L/turbodiesel/crew-Open Road 359RL3-S5 (2010'Dodge ram 3500 Mega on order)
Dona and Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:09 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the info. I found the difference between MS Streets and Trips and Co-Pilot Live. In Co-Pilot I had it set to avoid toll road and I-90 in NY and MA is a toll road. Someone mentioned good diesel prices in ME what stations. I normally use Flying J but can't find any in New England (MA, ME or NH) and recommendations?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #8

There are no Flying J's in N.H. or Me. There is a T A in Newington N.H. but they don't like RV's . Take the Rt. 1 by-pass in Portsmouth N.H. you will see the signs for it on rt. 95 it's easy to get to. the fuel in Me.is a lot more expensive. By the way these are all truck stops............DEI Man
Old 08-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #9

As you take the exit in Portsmouth to go to the TA, there is a smaller gas station on your left. I forget the name. It's usually a few cents cheaper then the TA. Like DEI said, stock up before you hit Maine.

Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote