Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fuel Stop After Grand Canyon

Going from GC, Trailer Village to Monument Valley then to Moab. Some where I need fuel (gas), likely before or around MV but unable to locate. Any help?

I'll be fueling in Kingman. Crazy thing is RV Trip Wizard is only showing one stop in Williams and I'm zooming in so close I can count the rocks on the ground
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2019, 08:17 PM   #2

google maps shows at least 10-gas stations in williams. and there is a fkying j in bellemont az...abt 20-mi east of williams on i-40
Old 10-11-2019, 08:33 PM   #3

You didn't mention the route, but I can't think of any route between those two points where there aren't numerous gas stations along the way.

Assuming you're taking 160 to 163, there is a gas station right on the corner in Kayenta where you turn off 160 to 163, it's pretty close to monument valley. Also several fast food restaurants etc.

Closer to the GC, on hwy 89 in Cameron there is a gas station at the Trading post by a bridge. The wife always wants me to stop at that trading post. Many other gas stations in other towns.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:56 PM   #4

From Trailer Village the best & cheapest place is in Tuba City on your way to Monument Valley.

Take 64 east to 89 north for 15 miles and turn right on 160 toward Tuba City.

Gouldings at Monument Valley also has fuel.

From Monument Valley to Moab you'll be driving 163 to 191. Moab would be the cheapest fuel but Blanding has it.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:30 AM   #5
RV LIFE Support Team

Is there a reason you are gong through Williams?? Seems out of the way from GC to MV.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #6
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Is there a reason you are gong through Williams?? Seems out of the way from GC to MV.
I didn't make myself clear. In Lost Wages now then heading to Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Moab.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:54 AM   #7
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the replies. I Figured there must be gas along the route but not sure where. Don't understand why RV Trip Wizard isn't showing them. Never thought about using google maps to check.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
I didn't make myself clear. In Lost Wages now then heading to Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Moab.
Sorry you lost me - BUT - trust me there are plenty of Gas Stations in the Southwest, you will not have a problem.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/home?search=86023&fuel=1

Enjoy the drive - great time to be in the Southwest.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #9
RV LIFE Support Team

So where do you need to fill up, after LV or after GC? Kingman and Williams have stations. After GC there are stations at Cameron, Tuba City and Kayenta. I generally like to use Gas Buddy and sometimes Google.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 10-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Don't understand why RV Trip Wizard isn't showing them. Never thought about using google maps to check.

My experience is that RVTW concentrates on fuel stations on the interstates - get off the interstate onto "lesser" highways and you're on your own...
Old 10-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #11
RV LIFE Support Team

RVTW display's national chain fuel stops along interstate routes on the planner map such as Flying J and Loves. You will find more detailed fuel info about local stations on the overlay page for each campground. If you click "more details" for any campground listing you should see a link to "fuel prices" for local stations.

You need to go into the details a little deeper to display the local stations. I would think the restriction is due to the amount of data involved.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 10-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #12
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
RVTW display's national chain fuel stops along interstate routes on the planner map such as Flying J and Loves. You will find more detailed fuel info about local stations on the overlay page for each campground. If you click "more details" for any campground listing you should see a link to "fuel prices" for local stations.

You need to go into the details a little deeper to display the local stations. I would think the restriction is due to the amount of data involved.
Yes. I got that figured out.

Thanks to those that responded.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #13

Quote:
So where do you need to fill up, after LV or after GC? Kingman and Williams have stations. After GC there are stations at Cameron, Tuba City and Kayenta. I generally like to use Gas Buddy and sometimes Google.
Ditto on using GasBuddy, not always exactly correct on price but it usually has all fuel stations noted ( I need to sort on diesel). Did I mention it's free?
'12 Winnebago Via 25T, stock except: HWH Levelers, NovaKool RFU68000 12V Fridge,Group 31 AGM Coach Batteries, PM4 55A 55 Amp Converter, PI EMS-HW30C Surge Protector, Michelin Agilis CrossClimate Tires, TST Internal TPMS, Borg Stems, Sumo Springs
HISSSSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel