Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #1

Going to Nashville TN

iam traverling from harrisburg pa to nashville tn with my travel trailer i am looking for good route and where to stay etc any info will be helpfull
Jonnypip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #2

We just got back from Nashville and we stayed in the Nashville KOA. Very nice campground. It is right next door to Camping World and numerous restraunts. They have a shuttle that runs every hour to downtown Nashville for 10 dollars per person round trip. The shuttle us not run by KOAbut a private company. You will have a hard time finding parking downtown that cheap plus if you have a few dinks you don't have to worry about driving. The campground is just down the street from the Gaylord hotel which is a great place to spend some time. Also not too far away from the Hermitage, President Jacksons home. Lots of great things to do there. There are two other campgrounds in the same area, one is a Yogi Bear Jellystone park and the other is Two rivers campground. All three are within a 1/2 mile of each other. Have fun.
georgew48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Two Rivers camp ground (mentioned above) is pretty nice, at least it was for us. We've stayed there three or four times.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:11 AM   #4

If you just want to just get from Harrisburg to Nashville, I would go I-81 & I-40. It's a nice easy drive down the valley on 81 and just west of Knoxville, it's an easy pull up onto the Cumberland Plateau on 40 west. Depending upon your time, what activities you enjoy, and if you want to stop along the way, there is plenty to see and do in Sevier County, TN (Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, etc) and lot's of camping spots.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree taking I 81 and 40 is a great route. We have driven this route many times and always see travel trailers, 5th wheels, motor homes along the way. We will be taking this route again the last week of March.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote