Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #1
Thor Owners Club
Hart Ranch RV Resort SD

Has anyone stayed at Hart RV Resort south of Rapid City SD? Opinions please.

Vetl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Originally Posted by Vetl82 View Post
Has anyone stayed at Hart RV Resort south of Rapid City SD? Opinions please.

Hart Ranch is one of the nicest RV parks we have visited. We were there in 2010 and recommend it without reservation.

Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #3

We were in Rapid City last summer and visited it. I wish we had stayed there. It was very nice, and well kept. If I go back there that's where I'll stay.
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:56 PM   #4
We've stayed there several times over the years and it's always a treat. Go for it!
I'm Jammin
02 Itasca Horizon 36LD, Cat 3126
09 Colorado Z71 Ex Cab, SMI AF1, Demco Stuff
JaminSamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:58 PM   #5
Country Coach Owners Club
Probably the best park in the Rapid City area. We have stayed there a number of times.
2002 Country Coach Intrigue
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hart Ranch always receives good reviews, but it's too far from the attractions we're there to see.

We'll spend a lot of time in Custer State Park and exploring the roads and trails inside the Black Hills. We always stay at the Rafter J Bar, which you'll find also generally receives rave reviews.
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:29 PM   #7
We have always stayed in the Hill City area ... it is very centrally located ... and the drive to the things we want to see are much shorter than from Rapid City ... Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Needles Hwy, chuck wagon dinner, Custer State Park, Black Hills Playhouse, Mikkleson Bike trail
2004 Winnebago Journey 39W - 2012 Buick Enclave
Present @home Home: Oshkosh, WI
We call our rig "Ernie the Journey"

skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:31 AM   #8
I've never stayed there, I lived in Rapid City for over 60 years and have never heard a complaint about the facility. The few times that we were through there visiting or such, it always looked well kept and generally quite full. And yes, it's a bit farther from some of the attractions but probably in the end, as all the roads are good, having a nice and secure place to stay may be worth it.
SDCOToyhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:10 PM   #9

We'very stayed at Hart Ranch and as Fulltimer's it's one of the nicest RV parks we stayed at. It is actually a RESORT. Will definitely stay there again on our return to the area. Make sure you get reservations as it was difficult for us to get into do the the Sturgis rally.

"Happy Trails"
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #10
I'm going to be the spoilsport, we stayed at Hart Ranch several years ago, so our opinion would be dated. The park itself was fine but there was dog poop everywhere. Walking to the bathroom/shower house was a mine field. Hopefully, it has improved.
Jan & Thomas
2012 Drv Mobile Suite
2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:06 PM   #11
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
How can you stay longer than 21 days?

Fred and Bonnie
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
Abby, Ruffles & Scarlett, "The Cats"
Fred and Bonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #12
We stayed at Hart Ranch a couple of times in 2011/2012 very nice resort. We used RPI 10.00 per night with a 14 day limit. Nice Place!
2007 National Sea Breeze
rjsupersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #13

The 21 days is the standard time you can stay on a single site. They have a section called the Meadows that, if there is availability, you can move too. Mix of FHU and W/E if I remember correctly. And the cost per night is higher. If there are open spots in the main area they might be able to let you stay there but you might need to move daily based on what has been scheduled in advance. I got this when I stopped there a few weeks ago enquiring about buying in. Think that I have it right...

Box Elder, SD and the road
ghaynes754 is online now   Reply With Quote