Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
Originally Posted by Snuggery View Post
I would post this on a different forum except that I know that many of my fellow Alpine owners are Pacific Northwest residents with local info and lots of local trip experience - so help us plan our dream RV trip to your area.
- Two months in July & Aug
- Starting in Seattle and ending in Salt Lake City
- We have already been to Victoria, Seattle, Vancouver and the Olympic Peninsula so we can skip these this trip
- We like to park at a campground for a week and explore in our toad so about 8-10 places over 2 months
- Alpines prefer 50-amp hookups in the hot summer months
- We like to hike, bike, kayak and enjoy local food
- We need to plug it in and leave it for several weeks at each end of this trip to fly home and take care of business
There are so many possible places and so many mountain roads, deserts and tunnels that planning this our on our own looks daunting. So what is your favorite route, campground and area? Cascades, Mt Ranier, Wallowa Lake, Columbia Gorge, Oregon coast, Crater Lake, Yosemite????
Hi Snuggert, I am a retired cross country trucker. I live 2500 miles from you, but I have been around. I cannot help you with campgrounds,but some good scenery is the Columbia River gorge, Crater Lake, Diamond Lake, Klamath Falls. Oregon coast\, Mt Shasta Ca area, Calif Redwoods, pacific coast hiway, Yosemite, see the big trees at Yosemite. I am not one to make reservations, but I would say it would be needed to camp at Yosemite. Options would be to stay an hour away and drive the tow in. The canyon country in southern Utah is great. Could spend several days there. D o not forget the Grand Canyon while in southern Utah, its not far over the border. Salt Lake City; The Temple Square area is beautiful. The tour of the Morman conference center is worth while. Go to Yellowstone on your return trip, Maybe Glacier Park in Mt. Its not that far on up in to Alberta, Calgary rodeo stampede, Banff & Jasper Parks in Albert are breath taking, so is Glacier. If you go to Canad, don't forget the pass port.
We love our Alpine and love to travel, we plan on some of the above suggested areas this sommer also. I have been to all the areas suggested. Ig I can help, don't hesistat to contact. Good travels, old trucker

Old Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #16
Freightliner Owners Club
For Yosemite, you'll need to make reservations in Feburary for this summer. The sites sell out in MINUTES of the reservations opening. No hookups but you can run your generator.

You'll also need to enter a lottery for a pass to hike up Half Dome (17 mile round trip - excellent adventure!)

For food in Yosemite, you will have to eat at the Ahwanhee Hotel. Excellent food and excellent staff (I'm a little biased as my son is one of the chefs...)

Tom and Katharine
'07 Winnebago Tour 40TD, 400hp Cummins
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote