Originally Posted by Snuggery
I would post this on a different forum except that I know that many of my fellow Alpine owners are Pacific Northwest residents with local info and lots of local trip experience - so help us plan our dream RV trip to your area.
- Two months in July & Aug
- Starting in Seattle and ending in Salt Lake City
- We have already been to Victoria, Seattle, Vancouver and the Olympic Peninsula so we can skip these this trip
- We like to park at a campground for a week and explore in our toad so about 8-10 places over 2 months
- Alpines prefer 50-amp hookups in the hot summer months
- We like to hike, bike, kayak and enjoy local food
- We need to plug it in and leave it for several weeks at each end of this trip to fly home and take care of business
There are so many possible places and so many mountain roads, deserts and tunnels that planning this our on our own looks daunting. So what is your favorite route, campground and area? Cascades, Mt Ranier, Wallowa Lake, Columbia Gorge, Oregon coast, Crater Lake, Yosemite????
Hi Snuggert, I am a retired cross country trucker. I live 2500 miles from you, but I have been around. I cannot help you with campgrounds,but some good scenery is the Columbia River gorge, Crater Lake, Diamond Lake, Klamath Falls. Oregon coast\, Mt Shasta Ca area, Calif Redwoods, pacific coast hiway, Yosemite, see the big trees at Yosemite. I am not one to make reservations, but I would say it would be needed to camp at Yosemite. Options would be to stay an hour away and drive the tow in. The canyon country in southern Utah is great. Could spend several days there. D o not forget the Grand Canyon while in southern Utah, its not far over the border. Salt Lake City; The Temple Square area is beautiful. The tour of the Morman conference center is worth while. Go to Yellowstone on your return trip, Maybe Glacier Park in Mt. Its not that far on up in to Alberta, Calgary rodeo stampede, Banff & Jasper Parks in Albert are breath taking, so is Glacier. If you go to Canad, don't forget the pass port.
We love our Alpine and love to travel, we plan on some of the above suggested areas this sommer also. I have been to all the areas suggested. Ig I can help, don't hesistat to contact. Good travels, old trucker