Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Houston, TX -> Destin, FL

I'm planning on taking the new to me 2011 Tiffin Phaeton out on a maiden voyage to Sam Houston National Forest. If all goes well, heading out a bit farther to Baton Rouge, LA and then on to Destin, FL for a few days at the end of the year. Pretty much a straight shot out I-10.

Planning on staying at the KOA in Baton Rouge and Camp Gulf in Destin.

Anything I should consider making a slight detour (20-25 miles off I-10) along the way?

W0GER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #2

I'm close to the Loxley,, AL, exit which is on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay.

Let me know if you need anything.

If you're looking for things to do, the battleship Alabama is on I-10, and the Navy Flight Museum is in Pensacola. Enjoy your travel.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Bamaboy473 thanks for the offer!

Not bringing the toad as I don't have the tow bar, base plate, etc. installed yet. Is it easy to get Uber's to go to things like the battleship Alabama or the Navy Flight Museum?
W0GER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #4

Pretty sure you can stop at Battleship in RV, then drive to Destin. Naval air station easy drive from Destin. We rent Cars from enterprise for a day or two as needed
Old 12-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0GER View Post
Bamaboy473 thanks for the offer!

Not bringing the toad as I don't have the tow bar, base plate, etc. installed yet. Is it easy to get Uber's to go to things like the battleship Alabama or the Navy Flight Museum?
I don't know about Uber, but both the battleship and flight museum can be accessed by motor home.

P.S. I have a BlueOx tow system I could part with.