Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
My husband and i have been arguing on this.We punch it is to mapquest and it shows about 11 hrs to jacksonville area,and little over 16 to Tampa or Destin area of florida.We live in Doddridge co (close to Ohio border). Does anyone live in WV and have driven to these or neghboring areas of Florida that can solve this delimma?

Tammy and family

98 Dodge diesel,24 valve turbo w Banks Power
tammyinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
The time sounds about right; down I-77 to Columbia,SC. Cut over to I-95 to Jacksonville, west of I-10 to US 301 (I think) over to Ocala, then down to Tampa. I may be less time as no one in Florida seems to drive less then 15 MPH over the limit.

Kayo Full timer since 2003
2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3501. 2013 Silverado 3500HD diesel dually. Seasonal NPS Park Ranger USMC 0302
kayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
Thanks. My husband has never been past SC, but swears it has to be at least 16 hrs to JAcksonville.I know when i check for times in nearby areas,mapquest is over. A town that takes me 25 min to drive, mapquest says its 45.
Tammy and family

98 Dodge diesel,24 valve turbo w Banks Power
tammyinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #4
830 miles to Tampa and should be about 15 hours. I've made the drive to about 45 miles North of Tampa and the time sounds right to me. I can do it straight through, but rather do two easy days.
2001 40' Beaver Thunder
2007 Chevy Silverado
Texas Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On good intersatate you can figure to average 55 to 60 mph over a day which includes time out for fuel and food stops. 500 miles in a day is a pretty long day with an RV. Not the same as a nice easy handling car.

We made 640 miles in one day once in a MoHo towing a dinghy and were prety beat. The current rig is no real problem to make 500 miles in a day, but would not care to make two days in a row like that.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote