Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #1

HWY 101 from Gold Beach, OR to Coos Bay, OR

Can anyone give me insight about Highway 101 going north from Gold Beach, OR to Coos Bay, OR. My wife is extremely aware of tight roads and cliff-hangers so I thought traveling north on the inside lane would be best...
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
No problem at all. It's a great road and an easy drive.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #3

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

X2 nice drive either North or South.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #4

great drive should not be a problem for even the most panicky co-pilot .
you don't say when you are planing this trip. if it is in the next couple of months there will be plenty of oregon's " liquid sunshine ".
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My DW & I did that drive this summer in a 41' motorhome plus toad. My DW suffers from similar misgivings about narrow roads, etc.

HWY 101 north from Gold Beach to Coos Bay is a beautiful drive. It should be no problem for you and your DW. The biggest challenge is that the scenic turnouts are on the ocean side. You'll have to cross traffic to ejoy those turnouts. Not a big problem; just be patient.

Take care,
Stu

P.S. If you do this between May 1 and Oct 15, you might consider a jet boat ride on the Rogue River. If you're interested, look at Jerry's Rogue Jets http://www.roguejets.com/
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
P.S. If you do this between May 1 and Oct 15, you might consider a jet boat ride on the Rogue River. If you're interested, look at Jerry's Rogue Jets Rogue River Jet Boat Trip Jerry's Rogue Jets
We've already made arrangements for June 22, 2012... We're staying for a few days at the Four Seasons RV Park in Gold Beach, OR
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #7

I might add be prepared while taking the boat ride is somewhere along the way they spin the boat around and you stand a good chance of getting soaked. If you sit in front chances are greatly increased. When we took our boat ride we were the first boat out in the morning and it was a little cool to begin with....they spun the boat pretty early on our trip so that meant we shivered the whole way ip and back and were basically miserable and couldn't wait to get back. The boat operators are in the back and they don't get wet. There were quite a few older folks in the boat who were freezing and cold in the wind and they kept spinning the boat, I was cold but really felt sorry for them. It wasn't fun or funny to any of us and then they stand around waiting for tips after the ride was over (?) Everyone wanted wring out their clothes then wring their necks !!!
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
I might add be prepared while taking the boat ride is somewhere along the way they spin the boat around and you stand a good chance of getting soaked. If you sit in front chances are greatly increased. When we took our boat ride we were the first boat out in the morning and it was a little cool to begin with....they spun the boat pretty early on our trip so that meant we shivered the whole way ip and back and were basically miserable and couldn't wait to get back. The boat operators are in the back and they don't get wet. There were quite a few older folks in the boat who were freezing and cold in the wind and they kept spinning the boat, I was cold but really felt sorry for them. It wasn't fun or funny to any of us and then they stand around waiting for tips after the ride was over (?) Everyone wanted wring out their clothes then wring their necks !!!
I will definitely keep this in mind when I board the jet boat...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #9

KZ RV Club
We took it the opposite direction last year, and I was nervous about it too. Beautiful drive, and I didn't have to get a death grip on the arm rests, nor did I have to clap my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ha ha! i remember the spinning, and we were forwarned, so I had on some Frog Toggs.

When we got picked up at the landing (Four Seasons) we were the last two to get on and the only place was the very front row. It was wonderful, no heads in the way for pictures. I was prepared for that also. I put the camera in a zip lock back so that the lens was the only thing at the opening. I held the camera with the lens pointed down except when taking pictures. Worked great.

For those that can't make it
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote