Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #1

Hwy 23/411

From pigeon forge to Atlanta useing hwy. 23 and 411. I have a 34f mh with a toad. Will be traveling in Oct. Any comments on the route? I haven't done much off e-way traveling.
2jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #2

well i guess it all depends on how well you drive and how comfortable you are in your abilities. its a pretty ride you have to remember your in the foothills of the appalachian mountains plus these are tennessee back roads. i wouldnt do it but its your call. probably not what you want to hear but if you have the time why not camp up at pidgeon and make it a day trip in the toad down to madisonville thats the nicest part anyway. then get back on the big road to atlanta.
oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #3

If you're in Pigeon Forge, I wonder if you meant 441 & 23 (rather than 411). If so, you will cross over the Smokies at Newfound Gap and the road up from Gatlinburg is pretty gnarly (steep and curvy). If you did mean 411 then no problem going that way as it runs down along , rather than through the mountains. I live 3 miles off of 411 south of Maryville and it is my normal route south to I-75 near Cartersville. I went from Atlanta to Sevierville this spring and it is the route I took. Then US 129 from Maryville, TN-168 (John Sevier Hwy), right on US-441 into Pigeon Forge.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #4

i think big dude is right on this 441 is the monster not 411 sorry
oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:31 AM   #5

Thanks, we are planning to go through there in Oct.
2jah is offline   Reply With Quote