Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
What are you hiding?
Some people just don't know when to turn their egos off.
Protecting one's rights is now an ego issue? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
Protecting one's rights is now an ego issue? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying

Protecting ones rights intelligently may be.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I'm surprised by how many will just give up their rights so easily. So if I have nothing to hide I should just roll over and let the cops do whatever they want. Amazing!

Cops having bad days allowed to harass people? Vehicle searches? Papers please!
So true.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
There is no huge oversupply of labor. And you're missing the point about the social welfare programs and taxes. Like I said, the current policies are against the nations own best interests.
Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Let's say you Johnitis were a school teacher or news reporter and any job qualified (illegal or legal) person from around the world could come here and compete with you for that job.

It would be a race to the bottom as far as salary and benefits went.

Also, as has been shown with Mexican illegal aliens a lot of the money they earn flows out of the USA. That money is only second to Mexico's oil export revenue.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #103

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Also, as has been shown with Mexican illegal aliens a lot of the money they earn flows out of the USA. That money is only second to Mexico's oil export revenue.

That's true.
However, most of that labor is feeding much bigger (and more profitable) American businesses. If all the illegal labor evaporated tomorrow, what do you think the impact would be to your pocketbook? I promise that you'd notice it immediately and significantly on your trip to the grocery store. What it cost to build my house would probably double or triple.... We (all of us) very much see advantages from cheap labor and we tend to forget about it..

Just say'in that it's not exactly clear that it's a net drag on the economy. Money is the real reason that ICE doesn't enforce with any regularity on businesses that hire these people. These are industries that fund the political process....
Old 03-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
Yet, the term "illegal" is thrown at the immigrant seeking a better life for them and their family.

People seem to forget how their forebear arrived.
That would be Ellis Island. You know, paperwork intact. CBP is not trying to stop that kind of immigration. The term "illegal" is being thrown around because they broke our laws to get here.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:18 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
That's true.
However, most of that labor is feeding much bigger (and more profitable) American businesses. If all the illegal labor evaporated tomorrow, what do you think the impact would be to your pocketbook? I promise that you'd notice it immediately and significantly on your trip to the grocery store. What it cost to build my house would probably double or triple.... We (all of us) very much see advantages from cheap labor and we tend to forget about it..

Just say'in that it's not exactly clear that it's a net drag on the economy. Money is the real reason that ICE doesn't enforce with any regularity on businesses that hire these people. These are industries that fund the political process....
What you fail to acknowledge is that if all illegal employment ended it would be replaced by the unemployed, training and improved wages - thereby reducing many gov't costs.

As I said before, if illegals getting jobs is so great it should be expanded from the lowest paid job to the highest. With your logic that is what follows. But, you fail to acknowlege that your salary would be reduced or eliminated by such a policy.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #106

If the 14 million illegals are good for the USA, why wouldnt they be good for Mexico if they had stayed at home?
Old 03-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #107

Back of the topic of the Border Patrol; the big issue I see that most LEOs, including Border Patrol agents, is they do not want the general public to be aware of your rights when dealing with them, and they dont want you exercising your rights, even if you know them. If an individuals rights were plainly posted at a border patrol station, and the agents respected those rights, there would be few if any issues and these checkpoints. This applies to contact with ALL LEOs as well.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #108

I-10 Border Patrol Checkpoints

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
First time traveling I-10 in SW US. I saw an eastbound Border Patrol checkpoint in Texas. What are those of us traveling in RV's expected to do? Show ID, vehicle registration, etc? Do they search your RV?

My apologies for the off-topic folks.
Most often you will be just waved through. You may be asked if you are a US citizen and maybe where you are from and/or going. It has never been a problem to us or anyone we know.
Happy trails

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 03-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
If the 14 million illegals are good for the USA, why wouldnt they be good for Mexico if they had stayed at home?

Unbelievably ignorant statement. I know who you are voting for.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:40 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
Unbelievably ignorant statement. I know who you are voting for.
Tell me what is wrong with my statement, and believe me, you dont know who I am voting for.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #111
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let's all get back to the topic of the thread, no exceptions, no reasons for anything else.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 03-21-2016, 06:46 PM   #112
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For those who do not remember what the topic is or chose not to go back and look, this thread is not going to continue one against another as it been heading.

There are things that can not be taken back once posted.

If you can not find a post you made since the last request to get back on topic think of what you posted and you might remember why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
First time traveling I-10 in SW US. I saw an eastbound Border Patrol checkpoint in Texas. What are those of us traveling in RV's expected to do? Show ID, vehicle registration, etc? Do they search your RV?

See My RV Upgrades
Closed Thread