Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #85

I'm surprised by how many will just give up their rights so easily. So if I have nothing to hide I should just roll over and let the cops do whatever they want. Amazing!

Cops having bad days allowed to harass people? Vehicle searches? Papers please!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #86

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
This isn't the first culture to think of fortifying its borders with a wall. They do not work.

And what are people so afraid about that we need a wall? The larger tax base that could benefit infrastructure and schools? Less expensive produce? An influx of small businesses? Students becoming bilingual like the rest of the world? Future care providers for an aging population?

If immigration policy wasn't so steeped in racism and xenophobia, people would get this, and all of this waste of money could go to a greater good. It seems we Americans are always fighting against our best interests for gloating rights for a small few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfam2008 View Post
... and a wall or even a higher fence would have be helpful. The current wall has helped slow down the traffic in that area but has pushed the smugglers out into the desert which has dramatically increase the number of BorStar Team rescues, there are good and bad to every counter measure.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
This isn't the first culture to think of fortifying its borders with a wall. They do not work.

And what are people so afraid about that we need a wall? The larger tax base that could benefit infrastructure and schools? Less expensive produce? An influx of small businesses? Students becoming bilingual like the rest of the world? Future care providers for an aging population?

If immigration policy wasn't so steeped in racism and xenophobia, people would get this, and all of this waste of money could go to a greater good. It seems we Americans are always fighting against our best interests for gloating rights for a small few.
I have no issue with people coming here legally. You're suggesting it's fine to let people come here illegally? Walls aren't designed to keep the legal people out.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

The problem with open borders is the huge over supply of labor that has driven down the buying power of the wages of millions of Americans and legal aliens to about half of what it is before we opened our borders, which has resulted in a huge increase in the number of people eligible for social welfare programs, and vastly reduced taxes going to government coffers.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #89

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
I can't believe it, either. Like it's a badge of patriotism, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I'm surprised by how many will just give up there rights so easily. So if I have nothing to hide I should just roll over and let the cops do whatever they want. Amazing!

Cops having bad days allowed to harass people? Vehicle searches? Papers please!
Old 03-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #90

There is no huge oversupply of labor. And you're missing the point about the social welfare programs and taxes. Like I said, the current policies are against the nations own best interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
The problem with open borders is the huge over supply of labor that has driven down the buying power of the wages of millions of Americans and legal aliens to about half of what it is before we opened our borders, which has resulted in a huge increase in the number of people eligible for social welfare programs, and vastly reduced taxes going to government coffers.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #91

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If we really wanted to stop illegal immigration all we would have to do is have ICE go into businesses that are suspected of hiring illegals, and match names with Social Security numbers. If a number doesnt match the name, then person is given a reasonable time to correct any errors, and if they cant, then they are fired. If those that are here illegally cant keep a job, they wont stay, and those that might come here illegally, know they cant get a job, they wont come.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #92

No, I am saying that the current policies are ineffective because of the illegal class they create.

Inadvertently, however, walls do have that effect. These xenophobic fits do have consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I have no issue with people coming here legally. You're suggesting it's fine to let people come here illegally? Walls aren't designed to keep the legal people out.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #93

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
There is no huge oversupply of labor. And you're missing the point about the social welfare programs and taxes. Like I said, the current policies are against the nations own best interests.
Any time you have one hundred people applying for every job available, you have an oversupply of labor, and when you have wages reduced by one half over a period of years, you have an over supply of labor.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
At an internal checkpoints I'll only answer one question, "Are you a US citizen?", and nothing else.

As a US citizen you are NOT required to present any documentation or answer any question including the US citizen one although as I said I'll answer that one. No where are you going, where have you been, where do you live or anything else.

I, and you shouldn't either, never consent to a search for ANY reason no matter who is asking.
What are you hiding?
Some people just don't know when to turn their egos off.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:04 AM   #95

As if businesses don't know how to get around ICE. All of these laws create counter-culture businesses designed to guide people around them. Yet, the term "illegal" is thrown at the immigrant seeking a better life for them and their family.

People seem to forget how their forebear arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
If we really wanted to stop illegal immigration all we would have to do is have ICE go into businesses that are suspected of hiring illegals, and match names with Social Security numbers. If a number doesnt match the name, then person is given a reasonable time to correct any errors, and if they cant, then they are fired. If those that are here illegally cant keep a job, they wont stay, and those that might come here illegally, know they cant get a job, they wont come.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #96

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
What point am I missing about welfare programs and taxes?

So you think it is in our nations best interest to have millions of people living in or near poverty, or when 47% of Federal Tax filers dont make enough money to owe any Federal Income Tax?
Old 03-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #97

Quote:
No, I am saying that the current policies are ineffective because of the illegal class they create.

Inadvertently, however, walls do have that effect. These xenophobic fits do have consequences.
Since when have Americans had "xenophobic fits"? We have tons of legal immigrants from other countries every year and we love them and embrace them. Our ancestors came from other countries and were welcomed in America. We have no "fear of people from other countries" (which is the meaning of xenophobic).
Old 03-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
What are you hiding?
Some people just don't know when to turn their egos off.
X2......
Closed Thread