Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Question i-40 Arkansas sights

Driving through Arkansas next month & would like to know if there is anything worth stopping for along i-40 to see? Not seriously interested in knowing about every tourist trap along i-40, but a few wouldn't be ignored.

No Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #2

If you click http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...t_Springs.html
you will find a lot. Gorgeous old town with great history and sights. The bath houses. Horse racing too. And a fun Gangster Museum. All the big baseball greats like Babe Ruth and all the big gangsters would carouse there.

We stayed at Cloud Nine, but Catherines Landing is also nice.

Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you trying to stay on I40? In that case you'll miss Hot Springs. Anyhow, Arkansas is a beautiful state and you'll enjoy the drive if only for the scenery! Have fun.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #4

There are no tourist traps... Hardly any towns... Be very careful on i40 between Little Rock and Memphis,,, construction.... In North Litte Rock there is a downtown rv park on the Arkansas river. You can walk across the bridge to the Clinton Library. Having lived in Arkansas for 60 years it is a beautiful state, very natural, not large cities.... Hot Springs is great ifyou are towing, not a rv driving town.... But beautiful lakes...
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Send a message via MSN to smoker
Arkansas I-40

While traveling I-40, you might want to stop at Toad Suck Ferry Park and spend a night or two, nice park on the Arkansas River, rates at 10 bucks a night if you are over the hill, lol just 30 miles west of Little Rock, and about three miles off of I -40 well marked. ENJOY!!
smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Clinton's Presidential Museum is in Little Rock.

We've visited all the Presidential Museums except for the newest Bush Museum in Dallas.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
If you like to visit Winerys you could try Wiederkehr Wine Cellars at Exit 41. They have an RV Park, if it should be close to stopping time.

Several Core of Engineer Parks located along I-40. Most are good camping sites for $10. May have electric only. Some are located at Lock and Dam so you can watch the river traffic.

Little Rock has the Clinton Library and a neat downtown area if you want to kill some time.
2003 Newmar Scottsdale, SDCA 3257, 8.1 Vortec
dustytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
Check out Petit Jean State Park atop Petit Jean Mountain. The views of Arkansas river valley great from the east end of the park near Petit Jean's grave site.
bmwmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
Beware the construction between Memphis a Little Rock. I had the luck of going through on Memorial Day weekend and was okay. People I met up with told of two-four hour waits in traffic. Yuck.
The park in Little Rock on the river is very nice. Stayed there a couple of years ago. On the east end West Memphis is Tom Sawyers Mississippi River RV park. We got there just after it reopened (being under a few feet of water for a couple of weeks...) No real amenities, but from the front of my rig to the water was maybe 50 feet. Nice to sit and watch the barge traffic go by. Highly recommended. (smoke a cigar to chase off the skeeeters. )

2000 Pace Arrow 37S
2011 Ford Fiesta toad
wife and cats
2912N is offline   Reply With Quote