Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #1

I-65, Indy to Florida

After reaching Montgomery, AL via I-65, we will take US 231 south. Is it best to go through Dothan, GA or take 210 around to route US 84?
Linch23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Depends on where in FL you are going, i would think
rovinredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #3

I've used both routes. I prefer 231 to I 10. Driving 84 to 27 to FL, is two lane highway, and it seemed to take a very long time to get through GA to FL.; although it was good driving, with little traffic. Matter of fact, we will be driving your same route about the middle of Jan. There is a great RV park just North of Dothan, Ozark Travel Park. They have a free continental breakfast, and you arise to a free newspaper on your steps. We stay there every trip, as it is our 2nd night out from Indy, or 1 day from S. Florida.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
I-65 Southbound

Ray, I liked your suggestion for the Ozark Travel Park. Do you have any suggestion for an overnight stop around Nashville. That's about where we would need to be , first night , coming from south central Ohio.
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #5

No, sorry. We have stopped near Nashville only once, at a small RV park at W. Nashville. It was very noisy (road traffic) so we never did so twice.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #6

KOA, Jellystone, and Two Rivers are all side by side on Music Vally Dr near the Opryland Hotel and along the Cumberland river. KOA is my choice for an extended stay but any would be ok for an overnight. Campers World is in front of KOA also. I think there is a campground in the Franklin area south of Nashville but can't remember the name.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #7

Just received info from a friend who traveled the way in question from my previous post. They went around Dothan on 210 to US 84, then to US 19 south to I-10. It was a very enjoyable drive on 84 and 19, both 4 lane highways, and (not much traffic). Thanks for all your comments.
Linch23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida