Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I75 Cracker Barrel or Walmart overnight

Hi there,

We will be travelling to Florida from Michigan in a few months. I plan to start driving after work and will get into Kentucky by night.

Has anyone ever stopped for an overnight at the Cracker Barrel or Walmart off I-75 at exit 126 (Cherry Blossom Way, Georgetown, Kentucky)? How's the area, is it lit pretty well, etc.

We usually stop at an RV Park for overnights but we won't be getting in there until around 10 pm and I don't want to pull into a campground too late at night and bother anyone.

Thanks,

Rak

2017 Coachmen Cross Country 407FW
rcarpe06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2016, 03:28 PM   #2

Hi Rak,

There are two exits for Cherry Blossom Way. The first you will come to is exit 129, but the Cracker Barrel is at exit 126. We sometimes eat there on the way north. You may already know this, but many Cracker Barrel RV parking spaces are usually filled with 4-wheelers. And, most CB spaces are too short for our 52 ft MH and car trailer so we park along the side or edge of the back parking lots.

No knowledge of the WalMart other than it isn't in a particularly "bad" area.

Also, the Kentucky Horse Park has a campground a few miles south of Georgetown Kentucky Horse Park :: KHP Campground :: Lexington, KY Maybe a good stop on your way north.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarpe06 View Post
Hi there,

We will be travelling to Florida from Michigan in a few months. I plan to start driving after work and will get into Kentucky by night.

Has anyone ever stopped for an overnight at the Cracker Barrel or Walmart off I-75 at exit 126 (Cherry Blossom Way, Georgetown, Kentucky)? How's the area, is it lit pretty well, etc.

We usually stop at an RV Park for overnights but we won't be getting in there until around 10 pm and I don't want to pull into a campground too late at night and bother anyone.

Thanks,

Rak
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #3

cracker barell

not sure if they allow over night parking?
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #4

There's a flying j south of Florence ky that has overnight rv lanes if you can sleep through the noise of trucks coming and going all night.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackmac View Post
not sure if they allow over night parking?
They do, if local ordinance prohibits it, signs will be posted. However, some of them have enough slope to them to make sleeping uncomfortable.
We trained ourselves to sleep with a white noise machine, makes overnighting at PFJ a good nights sleep.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Walmarts are usually much easier to get into and out of than Cracker Barrel, especially at night.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #7

i agree, Walmarts are easier to get into and park. However, Cracker Barrels typically are quitete
r and it is nice to go in for dinner or an early breakfast. or both!
Trtomraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trtomraub View Post
i agree, Walmarts are easier to get into and park. However, Cracker Barrels typically are quitete
r and it is nice to go in for dinner or an early breakfast. or both!

Just make sure you park waaaaay away from the dumpster, they empty those things at about 3am. Don't ask how I know.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:51 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have stayed many nights in truck stops, and never a complaint. Rarely do we even notice their diesel smell when they warm up. Plus there is a feeling of security with so many around.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #10
Lit

National RV Owners Club
What TonyDi said.....
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:08 PM   #11

Install the app RVparky in your phone and it will give you everything you want to know.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:35 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you go to Google Maps you can look at their RV parking lot..

They have 8 spaces at that location, two of which had cars in them. The spaces look small and if you are towing a toad you will have to disconnect it.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote