Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2017, 06:27 AM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertramp View Post
I'm going to go against my better judgement
That is a quote that goes right along with 'Hold my beer and watch this!"

This is a time to go with your mind, watch and wallet, not your heart. Is this a good idea? Do I really have the time to fix it? Do I really want to put more money into fixing it?

Sometimes the best deals are the ones you leave behind!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2017, 06:48 AM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Sorry for your loss!!! I think you are making a big mistake! RUN!!! IMHO...
Old 01-04-2017, 07:20 AM   #17

Run. It has major problems that you can see how about the ones you can't see. And to drop the price that easy says something.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:43 AM   #18

American Coach Owners Club
You're only in it for the rental, fuel & a room.... Cut your losses now. The whole back panel next to the slide is delaminated, the slide looks out of "whack" & I would bet will not work. Something is fishy about the owner also. This trailer is a disaster & had been rained on & leaking for a long time... RUN!!!
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have to ask is this a repo?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:47 AM   #20

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
No not a repo, I hauled it halfway back sofar because of my situation I had to take a chance once I'm done living in it for about a year it will probably be salvage?? But I will try to sell it and tell the prospective buyers the Truth not like this guy I got it from one thing that amazes me is I never had to connect the anti sway it's been stable from NJ to the center of Virginia I just drove 4 hours to find a open spot in a truck stop to park every state owned rest stop and every truck stop to this point was over full I think every truck in America was heading south on I81 tonight! I did find one spot at a state rest stop that was clearly marked trucks and RV only but someone parked there little Honda in the only available RV spot in a way nothing but his Accord could use the spot I'm going to take a nap now before I tackle the grade on I77 I will update after I get home
supertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have a safe trip after you get some sleep.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:50 AM   #22

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog2you View Post
Follow up and let's us know how your trip went.
I made it home The enterprise truck rental I had did much better than I expected! I had a 2017 Ford F250 diesel 4x4 it had everything backup camera (with zoom for hitch guidance) the integrated brake controller was more advanced than my Prodigy P3. And the steep grade on I77 I was worried about was a cake walk I didn't have to touch the brakes once between the exaust brake and the manual mode for the transmission it kept my speed at 50mph all the way down, I really liked the transmission in that truck it was a 6 speed auto with a manual mode that had buttons on the gear selector - + I put it in 4 for the decent. The only thing I didn't like was the layout of the controls and the seat it wasn't very comfortable for long hauls :( but I got home safe one more thing the truck got aproxamatly 19 mpg no load then 11-12 mpg hauling the camper home a lot better than my Yukon would have gotten! The price of Diesel was $2.20 in SC but averaged $3.10 north of Virginia I think I used 2 tanks going up and 3 1/2 coming back, the camper has issues but I think for my needs it was worth it the slide works so far everthing inside works as for the roof I think what happened was it was in storage a lot longer than the seller said so the sun dried the rubber roof out causing it to dry out and crack, what happened on my way back after about 200 miles the wind must have gotten under a crack and peeled it back on me, yes this is a big issue but now that the Wood OSB is exposed I can see its still solid and clean the leak couldn't have been there long the wood looked new. I am going to tarp it today and either order a roll of EDPM rubber or see if the EDPM Liquid roof will work directly on wood, I know the EDPM is available in rolls or liquid to be rolled on, I don't plan on seeing the country in the the camper I just want to live in it for a year or more to save up possibly for a class A next. I have to get away from renting were I live I can't afford a nice place and the range I can afford all I get are Slumlords because I don't think there are any laws protecting tenants? If there are the law's are not enforced, I'm putting out over $1200.00 a month for a dump that would be condemned in most places and I refuse to pay to fix anything I don't own if I won't get it back! Anyway I have my new home I have to seal the roof the, Find a lot to put it on, and stop giving all my money to a landlord that does nothing to maintain His/Her properties, it's a LLC so I don't know who actually owns it? They just want the Tenants to go to Bank Of America and deposit the rent with a deposit slip they tape to everyone's door each month, we can't mail it, pay by cash or check, it's got to be deposited in their account, now that's shady but all I have right now till I move into the camper,
Old 01-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #23

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
I went through with it! I changed my plans to travel with it I will set it up permanently somewhere and use the time to save up for a Class A I am going to do a Unconventional patching on the roof and rip out the ceiling and one wall replace it with fresh Insulation and panel, so its livable, someone will buy it when I am ready to Leave I sold My 1984 21" Sunline TT it had a Leak that was fixed and bad wood in the roof I Listed it for $2000.00 put its issues in the Craigslist ad and the Buyer asked me my lowest price I said $1500.00 she said SOLD and came back with the Cash the next day!! I was shocked!!! I didn't Hide any issues but she thought it was worth it Her and Her Husband owned a Lot or something and said they would finish fixing it, it did have a New Hot Water Heater that was to Small for the hole the Camper had and they didnt care??? So I think I will list this one for $3000.00 - $4000.00 when I am ready to sell it and take $2000.00 for it, I will have fixed it up some by then.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:46 AM   #24

Mid Atlantic Campers
Glad you made it back before the snow storm! Best wishes in your journey and the adventure of rebuilding your TT.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #25

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Made It Home Before the Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertramp View Post
Hello I am picking up a 31' TT tomorrow I will be taking I78eb to I81sb working my way to I85sb it's been a while but are there any bad grades I need to remember? It's been a while and I don't know the condition of its electric brakes I want to try to avoid as many steep downgrades as I can if I can pinpoint were they are thanks
I made it Home Before the Snow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cropt1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	441.7 KB
ID:	148498   Click image for larger version

Name:	00000020.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	148499