Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
I'd like to request info on itinerary.......

Hello everybody:
I'm in the very preliminaries of great trip but I'd like some help from those that have done the same trip.I'll be leaving from central florida early spring/summer toward a trip visiting Utah,Arizona,New Mexico
and from the more convenient point I'd like to stop in Yuma and make a short trip crossing the border(I have heard that I'll find good dentists).
What I have in mind is to get to the area and make a circle visiting the states above mentioned and then head back to florida.I'll have plenty time,I do realize the greatness of the states but I'd only stop at the areas with the most tourist sights.Because of such a long trip I might have to post a few times.Many thanks in advance for your interest......araucano.

araucano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Hi araucano,
We were out there this past summer. Consider the following:

New Mexico
Carlsbad Caverns National Park (NP) - cave tour in the day and the bats a sundown.

White Sands National Monument - Rent a saucer and slide down the dunes.

Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument - Good ranger talk. It is a bit of a hike.

Tombstone - OK coral gun fight, silver mine tour, stage coach ride + lots of other old west history.

Saguaro National Park (west side of Tucson) - Nice cactus walk

Arizona Sonora Desert Museum - This museum is outdoors. Wear appropriate clothing and come with water.

Grand Canyon National Park - Self explanatory

Meteor Crater - Take the walking tour of the crater rim.

Petrified Forest National Park - This will take longer than you think. The painted desert is really beautiful.

Monument Valley - Quite impressive.

Monument Valley - This is better than the Arizona side of the valley. The Indians own everything so be ready to pay.

Valley of the Gods - Great self guided auto trip. Check road conditions before leaving. If it has rained, don't try it. Otherwise it is a fun day.

Gooseneck State Preserve - This can be done the same day as Valley of the Gods. The view is spectacular.

Four Corners - This is a must do. The Indians own it so be ready to pay.

Arches National Park - This will take longer than you think. Well worth the hiking to see the arches.

Dinosaur National Monument - Eliminate this if the new building has not yet opened. There is not much to see. Local law enforcement is vigorously enforcing all motor vehicle laws.

You did not mention Nevada. As long as you are out there, a few days in Sin City (Las Vegas) should be considered. The strip at night is a real site to see. Hover Dam (take the longer of the two tours) is also worth seeing.

For summer outings, take plenty of water, a large brimmed hat and wear long sleeve shirts and long pants.

2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Most of the State parks in New Mexico are nice, not the normal line em up RV parks. The price is good as well.

New Mexico State Parks

1999 Tradewinds 7372 Cat 3126
Albuquerque, NM
Theberrys is offline   Reply With Quote