Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #1

Inf. on hwy's

Has any of you driven on hwy #1 from Leggett,ca to Fort Bragg and through Hwy #128 to 101 south.???

Expedetion 36' Crv toad

Inf. would be appreciated

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #2

128 to 101

We were coming south on 101 last year and took 128 across from Geyserville to Calistoga, then south on 29 to NAPA. The road was doable, but very twisty and no way to get off and let anyone pass you, until you get to Calistoga. It is in the backyard of all the vineyards in the area. We were in a 40' bus pulling a pickup truck. No shoulder, many turns and up and down a lot. Not too much traffic, but don't know If I'd go that way again. Steve

steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin View Post
Has any of you driven on hwy #1 from Leggett,ca to Fort Bragg and through Hwy #128 to 101 south.???

Expedetion 36' Crv toad

Inf. would be appreciated

Are you sure you mean hwy 128? I ask because I took the Leggett-to-Ft. Bragg route last year, and the route to 101 at Fort Bragg is Hwy. 20, which connects to 101 at Willits.

Both legs are twisty, and few turnouts are available. Beautiful views, though!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Are you sure you mean hwy 128? I ask because I took the Leggett-to-Ft. Bragg route last year, and the route to 101 at Fort Bragg is Hwy. 20, which connects to 101 at Willits.

Both legs are twisty, and few turnouts are available. Beautiful views, though!
Yes,I have been on hwy#20 to Willits & I don't like it.What sizes rig do you have.? And hwy#1 from Leggett to fort Bragg how twisty is it?

Thank you for your inf.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Leggett to Fort Bragg will wear your arms out. Do a search and you should find an hour of responses. Doable but very tight and just not fun. Unless you are going to Wages Creek to stay I would avoid it.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #6

Thanks for the inf.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ditto the above response re. Willits to Fort Bragg! Lots of hairpin turns.

Probably the toughest part, though, is that dratted (and posted) road rule that dictates that if there's even one vehicle behind you, pulling over to let it pass is required; and turnouts are mostly unmarked. There seems to be a lot of commuter traffic over that road, and people are very aggressive about sitting on your tail until you "yield".

Hwy 1 from Leggett to Fort Bragg has some sharp curves, too, but not as extreme as 20.

Per my rig size: Small car/trailer combination: thirty feet total, so much smaller than typical tug/tow.