Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #1

Info. Please, I-40 Arkansas/Memphis

Has anyone traveled I-40 East thru Arkansas, from Fort Smith to Memphis, within the last few months?
Thanks Bill
anne n bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #2

X2
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #3

Traveled both east and west on that route in July. Do you have a specific question?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
From Memphis into AR on I40 or I 55 expect slow travel due to narrowed lanes. Further west on I40 construction had it down to one lane. Jumping off to highway 70 might be advisable heading west. We were through that section 2 weeks ago. It's been months since we traveled Little Rock to Fort Smith and it's not bad, seems like a short area of construction near Russellville but no major delay.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #5

We left Memphis headed west on I-40 in July. The condition of the road was horrendous. We couldn't believe how bad the road was. Absolutely deplorable.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #6

I need to know the condition of the road going EAST on I-40 from Fort Smith To Memphis TN. Thanks to anyone who can give me that info.
Anne & Bill
anne n bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
anne n bill

We've traveled back and forth between North Little Rock Camping World and Memphis four time in the last seven weeks (another story). Eastbound traffic is much improved from what it was in July. A good source of information on current conditions (slow traffic) we've found is Google Maps. After mile marker 204 eastbound you'll need to get in the left lane. The pavement has a seam in your travel direction and drains off to the right due to the addition of a concrete widening of the road to allow a lane shift during contruction. Once you get past that its easy again until you get to West Memphis, AR. Traffic is reduced to a single lane in a few and gets a bit narrow and a bit nerve-racking for newbies like us.
wiiltn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkansas