Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Going from San Antonio to Montgomery Al..after Katrina and Rita are there any problems with traveling I10, I12 and I65? Gas shortage? Thanks..

'04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G, W22 Upgrade Kit, Henderson Trac Bar, Davis TruTrac, Steer Safe
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Going from San Antonio to Montgomery Al..after Katrina and Rita are there any problems with traveling I10, I12 and I65? Gas shortage? Thanks..

'04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G, W22 Upgrade Kit, Henderson Trac Bar, Davis TruTrac, Steer Safe
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #3

Hamie

I just drove Mobile to Phoenix across 1-10 & the short distance across I-12 and there were no problems. This was right after Rita. I stopped at Lake Charles and could not get fuel but that is the only place and that should all be corrected by now.

Ron

2004 Mt Aire 4301
ronharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:39 AM   #4

If you go to the Flying J site,

http://www.flyingj.com/

they indicate where they have low fuel supplies.

Annapolis, MD
JamesOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Later this spring I am heading to Kerrville TX from here in Virginia Beach...
MS Streets and Trips routes me to Slidell and then west on 12 to 10,then "1604" around San Antonio and back into 10 when I'm NW of San Antonio.

Two questions....

1) Will I have any trouble on 12/10 through the bottom of the U.S.?

2)Is there a benefit to "jumping off" of 10 and bypassing San Antonio?

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Hello,
I'm not going to be much help with I-10's conditions now, although I read something a few weeks ago that the road had not been repaired in many places in Louisiana.

Taking the 1604 loop around San Antonio is a good move. You will avoid a lot of traffic and never leave a freeway. It's the way we go every time we go to Boerne or Kerrville.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks Jay....

I'll hang on for the I-10 report...
Old 02-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bob,
You can run I10 thru San Antonio without any problems. However there is a strech of construction about three miles long on the northwest side of town, that is narrow lanes and heavy traffic depending on the time of day that you hit it. This can cause some slow driving or delays. Jay is right about loop 1604., but it will add about 40 miles to you total trip.

I just got back from Kinder LA. this past weekend, construction is scheduled currently around the Lake Charles area ever night from midnight to 6 am. Does cause loonngg delays if your traveling during this time. (Also, allow serveral hours before the scheduled time as they set up for the work each night). I10 in LA will still beat you to death in this area. Understand east of Lake Charles the hiway is now in pretty good shape do to new install. I don't know how far east it is completed and finished.

(TEXAS highways are great!)

Good luck on your trip!

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks Bob...

I'll be headed back to San Antonio,while at the rally in Kerrville one day as I'll need to go to Iron Horse RV on Randolph. Haven't set it up yet,but they install the Howard Precision Center Steer...
Old 02-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #10

How is the road (I-10) around the New Orleans area going to be going thru the area late April and starting to plan the route or if I needed to change my route.
2001 Gas Dutch Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Try this one again for the 12/10 route info....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:

Later this spring I am heading to Kerrville TX from here in Virginia Beach...
MS Streets and Trips routes me to Slidell and then west on 12 to 10,then "1604" around San Antonio and back into 10 when I'm NW of San Antonio.

Question....

1) Will I have any trouble on 12/10 through the bottom of the U.S.?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #12

BOB: since I've answered you thru PM, let me try to help 2001 GAS DUTCH STAR:

All the interstates "around" NOLA are open and there is little, if any, construction. The I-10 bridges over Lake Ponchartrain have been reopened with temporary spans. The rough and wavy surface condition that has pretty much always been with us, still is.

You didn't say much about where you need to go, but unless you are coming INTO NOLA, use I-12 to go west from Slidell to Baton Rouge. It has plenty of traffic, and BR is a parking lot, but you avoid the roughest part of I-10 if you don't need to pass thru NOLA. If you need more info, please provide specifics. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote