Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #1

Which is the best way to go around Jacksonville on way to Disney ? Options are to stay on 95 or go around western side on 295 or go on eastern side on 9A. Also is it best to then just stay on Rt. 4 all the way to Magic Kingdom exit ? Thanks to all. Great forum!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #2

Which is the best way to go around Jacksonville on way to Disney ? Options are to stay on 95 or go around western side on 295 or go on eastern side on 9A. Also is it best to then just stay on Rt. 4 all the way to Magic Kingdom exit ? Thanks to all. Great forum!!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #3

Tony, I go through jville 4-5 times/yr and find it best to go out to the west on 295. Route 9A has recently (last yr or so) been completed on the east side but I have taken it going north only once this spring. Whatever you do, do not go straight down 95-it's a mess downtown.

I-4 is about as good as any way to get to Magic Kingdom-Orlando is a mess any time of year, day or night, watch out for accidents, people rubbernecking and very quick (as in brakes locked up and tires screeching) stops.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Like Chief says, Orlando is a mess. I suggest taking the Central Florida Greenway (SR 417) around Orlando, the tolls will be worth it. Pick it up at exit 101 AB and it'll put you back on I-4 just before the Disney exit (exit 62).
Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony G:
Which is the best way to go around Jacksonville on way to Disney ? Options are to stay on 95 or go around western side on 295 or go on eastern side on 9A. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live and work in Jacksonville and unless you have nerves of steel, take the 295 bypass to the west. The interchange between I-10 and I-95 is under construction and I see accidents there all the time because the lanes are so narrow and confusing. Also, 9-A is NOT complete yet. It lacks the interchange over J. Turner Butler Blvd. so traffic backs up at the light there. Hope this helps!
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #6

Tony

If you want a treat of beautiful views, plan to stay overnight at Flamingo Park at the junction of I295 and I9. (take I295 south for one mile and it is exit 32. Real nice park about $35.)
Then go back and get on I-9(Hw 113) and take it all the way to Atlantic blvd. Take a left on Atlantic Blvd all the way to Hw A1A. (some traffic here, but its managable) There are some traffic light to deals with so it will slow you some, but it is worth it.

Take A1A to St Augustine and stay on it until you get to US-1 (downtown ST A, for about a mile-some traffic here also, but double lane highway) then get back on A1A all the way to Flagler beach. Here take Moody Bldv back to I-95 south. This streach of beach is very memorable. If you stay at Flamingo CG, you will have pleanty of time to get to Orlando.

And when you come back take HW17 north off I-4 (take the last exit to get to highwway 17. Another part of Florida that is different. You can pick up I-295north at Craker Barrel just before you get to Orange Park Have a safe trip s/Toby