Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #1

Will be traveling through Jacksonville enroute to Titusville Monday, 3/7. Will be in a Journey 39 with a Trail Blazer in tow. In looking at the map I note a bypass around Jacksonville and would like advice on which way to go?

TIA,
Russ

BugSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #2

Will be traveling through Jacksonville enroute to Titusville Monday, 3/7. Will be in a Journey 39 with a Trail Blazer in tow. In looking at the map I note a bypass around Jacksonville and would like advice on which way to go?

TIA,
Russ

Old 03-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #3

I usually travel straight through, although one time coming from the west, we traveled part of the by-pass. Whenever we've traveled through, there has been no great travel problem, but that can change with one accident ahead of you. So, take your choice.
Annie K. and Sparky the smiling doggie
03 Journey DL36LD
04 Saturn 300W with blue ox towing system
Old 03-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #4

I will normally go right through. Watch about half way through, past the hospital, the road continues on the left side so you have to be in the left lane. It is well marked and if you have a navigator it won't catch you by surprise.

The bypass seems to add quite a bit of time to the trip (Disney World for us). But as stated above we got tied up traffic created by an accident heading north and it did take some time to get through the area.

Happy traveling.

1992 HR Imperial, "87" Prowler Lynx, "88" Coleman Williamsburg.
RedHR35CSXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #5

We always take the bye pass. May be a bit longer but is faster to drive. Normally has always been less traffic on the bye past at least when we've used it. When ever we've gone staight through we always get tied up in traffic. So for last several years we've used the bye pass.

2003 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+
Reno-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #6

For a number of years they were redoing the bridges and ramps and you are so right. It often got tied up. Lanes closed, etc. Last couple times though it was pretty quick and seeing Jacksonville is really nice.

They were redoing some areas of the by-pass last time through and that might have improved the roadway too. Once I got tied up in northbound traffic near the by-pass bridge that took me over an hour to get through. Never did find out the reason. But usually the by-pass flows. Just takes a bit longer I believe. But then having a toad the by-pass might be less nerve wracking.

1992 HR Imperial, "87" Prowler Lynx, "88" Coleman Williamsburg.
RedHR35CSXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Traffic can be horrendous at times on the straight-thru route (I95) and when it is, the bypass loop may be shorter in time and is surely far easier on the driver. But on Sunday morning, the straight shot is the way to go.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #8

Thanks all for your responses. I still have no idea which way I will go but I know that if it is not rush hour I will go straight. If it is anywhere near rush hour, I will take the by-pass. We will overnight Sunday in Walterboro, SC and leave when we are ready (I hope I am getting this RV thing down as I am a new guy ) so I guess it is just part of the adventure? At least now I have the basis for a decision when I make it!

See ya down the road.....

Russ