Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2016, 06:36 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post

Yes coming in on the 16. Coming up from Washington on 5 that connects to the 16.
OK, that makes sense to me now! Sorry for my confusion.

Your post did not mention where you were coming from or where you are located.

Enjoy the trip. You will want to return again and again as there is SO much to do and see that it takes more than one trip. Also we've seen in in two different seasons. Once in the spring, late April, when everything was still frozen and once in the fall, late September, when the colors were awesome.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2016, 06:51 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Parks Canada - Banff National Park - Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court

Don't forget Calgary Stampede in early July
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:46 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
Parks Canada - Banff National Park - Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court

Don't forget Calgary Stampede in early July
Do you recommend TM Trailer Court over TM Village II? Aware of the Stampede but not going to make it this go around. A good reason to come back
Old 01-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post

Do you recommend TM Trailer Court over TM Village II? Aware of the Stampede but not going to make it this go around. A good reason to come back
Definitely! They are the very BEST in hundreds of miles. TM Village II only has electrical hookups, nothing else and you are parked on the pavement whereas TM/TC Campground has full hookups and very large pull-thru's.

They were able to handle my 72 foot rig without unhooking easily with room to spare to park my car.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:40 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Make sure you have winter clothing with you. We did Banff July 2014 and the next morning it was 40 F when we woke up.
What type of temperatures can one expect the first full week in June at Banff, Parkway and Jasper. Plan to spend 3-4 days here depending on the weather. Traveling in a hybrid trailer.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #20

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
What type of temperatures can one expect the first full week in June at Banff, Parkway and Jasper. Plan to spend 3-4 days here depending on the weather. Traveling in a hybrid trailer.
Don't know about June but we got there toward the end of July and there was snow still on the ground at the Tim Horton's near Lethbridge, Alberta. The date on my photo is July 21, 2014.

We had a variety of clothing...but we did hit the clearance sales as we hit the upper Midwest cause finding fall/winter clothes here in the south wasn't nearly as easy.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
Don't know about June but we got there toward the end of July and there was snow still on the ground at the Tim Horton's near Lethbridge, Alberta. The date on my photo is July 21, 2014.

We had a variety of clothing...but we did hit the clearance sales as we hit the upper Midwest cause finding fall/winter clothes here in the south wasn't nearly as easy.
Southernlady,
No disrespect intended but,
I was born and raised in Alberta so when you say snow on July 21st in Lethbridge, my question is, "are you sure it wasn't residue from a hail storm?" Typical July/August temperatures in Lethbridge are mid to high 80s. Definitely not snow!
Now, as you travel into the Rocky Mountains, ya, maybe in June you might see snow but definetly on the low end of possibilities. And if you do, it will be very short lived. Frosty in the early morning, peel your clothes off by 10AM. . You're going to be in high elevation territory not unlike any other mountainous area in any other part of the world so the weather can change in a heartbeat but do not expect sustained cold weather in June, July or August.

As others have said, the drive from Banff to Jasper is one of the most picturesque on the planet. You can reach out and touch it!

Don't believe all you hear from the "reputed climate expert", Leonardo DeCaprio.

Most of all, you will see all of this at a 30% discount.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:11 AM   #22

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Southernlady,
No disrespect intended but,
I was born and raised in Alberta so when you say snow on July 21st in Lethbridge, my question is, "are you sure it wasn't residue from a hail storm?" Typical July/August temperatures in Lethbridge are mid to high 80s. Definitely not snow!
Now, as you travel into the Rocky Mountains, ya, maybe in June you might see snow but definetly on the low end of possibilities. And if you do, it will be very short lived. Frosty in the early morning, peel your clothes off by 10AM. . You're going to be in high elevation territory not unlike any other mountainous area in any other part of the world so the weather can change in a heartbeat but do not expect sustained cold weather in June, July or August.

As others have said, the drive from Banff to Jasper is one of the most picturesque on the planet. You can reach out and touch it!

Don't believe all you hear from the "reputed climate expert", Leonardo DeCaprio.

Most of all, you will see all of this at a 30% discount.
It was snow...it was on the shady side of a building. And I was so floored that I actually picked some up to verify it. And while I may live in the south now I have lived up north in Michigan for many years. But then I have seen snow in May in South Carolina...not common but it has happened.

Yes, during the day it is comfortable (to me 80's is not hot for a summer temp) but at night, it got to the 30's at Banff. The key is to be prepared for all weather.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:41 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Were from NE. OH. and like to camp Thanksgiving or later. This year we did a weekend in Dec. I have a dinette seat that I'll keep a bag full of cold weather gear handy. What I still need is good rain gear and what outdoorsmen call Muk Boots.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Not a lot of mud between Jasper and Banff. Mostly gravel and rock.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Don't forget that 6/21 is the longest day of the year, so at night it doesn't get real dark. I took available light photos with my iPhone at 11 pm that look great.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:50 PM   #26

We were in Banff May 30,2015 for 3 days and pictures show us wearing blue jeans and lightweight jackets, probably in the 50s and 60s. We stayed at Tunnel Mountain II in a pull thru site and the campground was only about 30% occupied. We had no reservations. Mountains were snow capped and roads were clear, easy driving. There was activity in town but no big crowds. If you want to splurge on a fabulous dinner, go to The Saltlik Steakhouse.
Gladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #27

Great thread. Thanks for all the responses. Got my reservations this morning for Whistler and Tunnel Mtn Trailer Court. Looks like it's a go
Old 01-15-2016, 08:21 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Have a great time. Take lots of photographs.