Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #1

Lake of the Woods, Minnesota & Canada

We are starting to plan a summer/fall trip to northern Minnesota including some time in the Lake of the Woods area. Another place on my "Bucket List". If we were younger this would be a great trip with a tent. but we are not.

Looking for suggestions on campgrounds you would return to, that are big rig friendly and suggestions on 'must see' places in the area. Given a choice, we would prefer campgrounds located on a lake or river.

I am still debating about taking a canoe, but my bass boat will defiantly not make the trip so suggestions on charter fishing would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #2

Young's Bay Resort is below Angle Inlet. Baurdette, MN has Lake of the Woods Campground and there’s also Anicinabe Park and Tomahawk Resort for RVs.
97Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Try this,
Neighbor's daughter and husband built a retirement home just out of town up the gunflint trail. She goes all the time year round. She says the RV park is really nice and if lucky they have sites right on the shoreline of the lake.
They also have a donut shop that has the best donuts she always brings us some. Yum.
Here's the site.
I've been up there but didn't stay. Just a day trip from the cities. Now that I have a MH I plan on going up there.
JMO,
Tim
http://www.grandmaraisrecreationarea...mrp-header.jpg
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #4

Zipple Bay for Walleye, Pike and Smallies. Several places to stay and rent boats.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote