Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #1
Lexington, KY to Xenia, OH via US68?

Coming from Texas (Class C without towing) through Kentucky to visit relatives in Ohio and then on to Michigan. (planning on taking three-four days for the TX to Ohio leg)

Will cross the Mississippi near Dyersburg and travel on the parkways to Lexington. We want to avoid Louisville and possibly Cincinnati.

Looking at a map I see Highway 68. Was thinking that maybe we could take this road and see some scenic areas of Kentucky and cross into Ohio near Marysville. But don't want to take too much time.

Can anyone give me any advice on this route or suggestions? Any construction or traffic problems?

If we go through Cincinnati we would take the eastern loop around and travel on IH-71.

I am the planner in our little family of two retired persons. My husband just gets antsy and wants to get where he is going. I try to tell him that it's the journey, not the destination.

Gizmosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Using US 68 vs I-75, I-275, I-71, only adds about 50 minutes to the trip. You will of course have cross traffic, towns, speed limit changes, etc. to deal with. US 68 shows no construction delays, I-75 has a few just north of Lexington.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I 75 also has construction delays near 35 which is how you would go to Xenia if you were to stay on 75 so definitely avoid 75.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote