Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Long Wyoming drive today but very enjoyable.

We left West Yellowstone this morning after hunting down some propane and went across the upper part of the middle loop and out the east exit on hiway 14. We were headed for Sheridan Wyoming and got there after about 8 hours of driving. What a diverse selection of scenery, from the woods, rivers and animals of yellowstone to the plains, farms, painted desert hills and river carved canyons. After heading up Shell Creek canyon you feel like your climbing to the top of the world! It was a great drive and I highly recommend it.
This is near the entrance to Shell Canyon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	107162  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 12:03 AM   #2

It's truly amazing out there. And if you get a chance, try and return in winter, it's a different experience, especially driving your car up to the east gate (where the road closes, but you can then walk in even farther).

Steve

Old 09-18-2015, 12:54 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How was the wind?
Old 09-18-2015, 04:53 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
How was the wind?
Yesterday the wind wasn't to bad though it rained a good portion of the day off and on. Today we are I. Eastern Wyoming approaching South Dakota and the wind is a little more brisk and has moved me a little on a few occasions.
Currently we're at a rest stop near Moorcroft having lunch. Today's drive is not nearly as interesting as yesterday's.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:25 PM   #5

Your bringing back great memories of that region. The change in terrain is truly fascinating. Your probably far gone by now, but I'll bet you enjoyed every minute of that drive!

cheers,
Joopy
Old 09-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
DW hates heights. Drove East on the East entrance road, she did NOT like it! Didn't bother me though as I'm used to driving on roads like that.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Your bringing back great memories of that region. The change in terrain is truly fascinating. Your probably far gone by now, but I'll bet you enjoyed every minute of that drive!

cheers,
Joopy
Hey Joopy, we're in Ohio now and have seen lots of nice country but that stretch is definitely one of my faves. I'm not particularly liking this toll road stuff around here, though we're off them now for a while. The road we took thru Chicago area was so bad we broke and bounced the right hand mirror glass right out of the mount. The only thing that saved it was the heater wires. I had to pull off and temp rig it back on with a couple of bungi cords.

Hey Joopy, looking at your avatar, you need to make at trip out here to the west coast!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	108052