Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
I have the Pilot AP and it tells me if the specific Pilot accepts RV discounts but does not indicate whether or not they have RV lanes. I have attempted to find RV lanes at a couple truck stops and couldn't identify them so headed out to the auto lanes. Am I missing something in the ap? Do the Flying J and or Loves aps indicate the presence of RV lanes?

Yes, the Pilot app (it includes Flying J) will tell you everything from price by fuel type, to the amenities on site, such as how many lanes for diesel, DEF and RV lanes, dump station or not, restaurant etc.

Simply tap the station you are interested in and it lists everything. Also gives you the opportunity to call, get directions, rate the store etc.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Took a harder look at the ap. The Pilot's near me do not list RV lanes. As I move farther away I am seeing some with listings for 1 or 2 RV lanes.

I can't find this information on the Loves Ap
tim myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Me thinks you are worried too much
too many trucks/cars on the road to think that there's not a gas station just about anywhere you can get into.

I just slow down on approach and can tell from the entrance if it will work for us... I think it's only been a problem ONCE for us and our train is a bit longer than yours - good luck and enjoy the ride !

True words!
Don't sweat the small stuff!

The newer stations make it so I can pull up to the pumps without being blocked in. Getting cash back on my card, not having to go inside to pay, not waiting in line behind RVs, and beating the Loves/PFJ prices every time make it all worthwhile!
GasBuddy and Google Earth street view are perfect for selecting stations.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1442590728.314535.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	107203
Happy Trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #18

I've not seen RV lanes in back with trucks, but I've also not been east of the Mississippi with an RV yet.

I have, however, found that in the west along the roads there are plenty of stations where (especially if you were towing) you could easily get into a tight spot. Even without towing, I've had to wait and use my wife to ask people to hold up a minute so I could get my 39' DP out of the station.

There's definitely nothing remotely close to "always easy access" and "always better prices away from truck stops" when it comes to fuel.

Steve
Old 09-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
I've not seen RV lanes in back with trucks, but I've also not been east of the Mississippi with an RV yet.

I have, however, found that in the west along the roads there are plenty of stations where (especially if you were towing) you could easily get into a tight spot. Even without towing, I've had to wait and use my wife to ask people to hold up a minute so I could get my 39' DP out of the station.

There's definitely nothing remotely close to "always easy access" and "always better prices away from truck stops" when it comes to fuel.

Steve

We agree to disagree, and that's okay. 15 years with A's with toads. Must be the practice, getting the feel of it, and the joy of saving a few $s while avoiding the delays and other negatives of truck stops.
Happy Trails
Old 09-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Must be the practice, getting the feel of it, and the joy of saving a few $s while avoiding the delays and other negatives of truck stops.
Happy Trails
True, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I think the OP was interested in the facts, which have made my point time and time again.

Today's winners in the 'fact brigade are' are:

Evanston, WY,
Fernley, NV
Weed, CA
Lost Hills, CA

Today's "losers" (although they were within 6 cents):

Corning, CA
Visalia, CA
Kingman, AZ

Just sayin...

Steve
Old 09-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #21

Looking for RV friendly Gas Stations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
Today's winners in the 'fact brigade are' are:
Evanston, WY,
Fernley, NV
Weed, CA
Lost Hills, CA
Today's "losers" (although they were within 6 cents):
Corning, CA
Visalia, CA
Kingman, AZ
Just sayin...Steve

To be a bit more on target, $ was not an issue. Ease of access is.
To the OP:
Here is the best advice I can provide:
For your focus of I-95 and I-81 (PA to SC), if you watch for signs for P/FJ, TA, and Loves you should be fine. If you can use GasBuddy and Google Earth, all the better. Calling the station to know if they have RV lanes can also help.
Happy Trails

Tags
gas