Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #1

Mass to Cherry Hill

We will be leaving in less than 2 weeks. This will be our first long trip so....
How do I get from Mass to Cherry Hill?

My first instinct is to go directly south. 87 - NJ Turnpike - 95 south...

I know their is a better way...

Thanks everyone

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #2

I-87 to the Garden State Pkwy, then get on the NJ Tpke. take that to Cherry Hill you can also transfer to I-95 near Trenton. It's tolls all the way but it's the fastest way.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #3

The only comment I can add is a WARNING about going through Baltimore on I-95. You CANNOT drive a motorhome through the Baltimore Tunnels on I-95. Those tunnels are propane restricted and if you get caught, and you will get caught at the toll booths, it is a $500 fine. You have to take I-695 West around Baltimore.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #4

Anyone else have suggestions?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do you have reservations? Cherry Hill is great and VERY popular.

Can't help you on the route.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:41 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edrayman View Post
We will be leaving in less than 2 weeks. This will be our first long trip so.... How do I get from Mass to Cherry Hill?
My first instinct is to go directly south. 87 - NJ Turnpike - 95 south...
I know their is a better way... Thanks everyone
First, I assume you're talking about Cherry Hill Park near DC, and not Cherry Hill, NJ. Correct? What's your purpose in asking, ed? Are you trying to avoid the high density traffic areas, New York metro, etc?

If so, from Pittsfield take the Pike out to I-87, then onto I-287 in Jersey. I-287 to I-78 west to Harrisburg. From Harrisburg, I-83 south to I-695 (Balto Beltway) to I-95 south, and Cherry Hill Park will be right at the Washington Beltway.

About 55 extra miles, but you avoid NY, Philly, and most of the Balto area traffic. Possibly a bit of Harrisburg traffic, depending on the time of day, but I've been through H-burg several times and never run into any serious traffic. Also, once you get off I-87 onto I-287, as far as I recall you're through with tolls.

Enjoy!
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I-87 to the Garden State Pkwy, then get on the NJ Tpke. take that to Cherry Hill you can also transfer to I-95 near Trenton. It's tolls all the way but it's the fastest way.
I agree with this route. I go around Baltimore on I-695 West loop (towards Towson). The loop adds 10 or 15 minutes but avoids the tunnels and some traffic.

On Garden State Parkway in the northern section there are a number of stone arched overpasses that are on the low side. When approaching these, move over one lane so that you are not in the outside lane and you will have no problem. I have done this section several times without issue.

BTW, I will be at Cherry Hill from 6/27 till 7/1. If you haven't been there it is a great location to stay to visit D.C. Take a bus that runs about every half hour to the College Park Metro station and then you can get anywhere in D.C. via the metro.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We are at Cherry Hill now, I am not sure there are but a few open space in the entire park. Never saw it so crowded during the week.
CoreyinWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #9

Thank you everyone for the information. We have reservations and yes we are talking about Cherry Hill RV park.