Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2006, 05:33 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Bob,

I take I35 West and go thru Fort Worth rather than Dallas. The 281 route is nice and not much traffic. Also, take 290 at Johnson City to Fredricksburg and 16 to Kerrville is nice route. There is a short cut thru Fredricksburg (skips going thru downtown). Turn left on Hwy Street. I think it is the second light as you come into town (gas station on the corner) and turn left onto 16 at the intersection of Hwy St and 16.

What RV park are you staying at? Buckhorn is BR friendly, located off I10 and really nice. Guadalupe River RV is BR friendly and on Hwy 27.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2006, 07:06 AM   #16
Administrator Emeritus

Dale,there are a hundred of us staying at Buckhorn for the Datastormusers.com Rally...

This is the satellite internet group that is composed of both the tripod users and the automatic rooftop dish users....If you're anywhere near there there will be a bunch of RV roofs with the patented "blue lights" on them...

Made my reservations this morning with the VERY NICE gentleman at Boone RV in Lampasas...

He was really funny...."we don't need no credit card here" he said.

I'll be there the night of the 22nd....arriving around 5PM.

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:25 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Made my reservations this morning with the VERY NICE gentleman at Boone RV in Lampasas...

He was really funny...."we don't need no credit card here" he said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob,

That's part of the old Texas code that's, unfortunately, rapidly disappearing. A man's word is his bond - better than any contract. If you say that you'll be there and pay for the site, that's good enough for him.

Welcome to the real Texas - located off the Interstates.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

Rusty, I agree with you....

A man's word "used to be" his bond....I remember growing up how many business deals my Dad sealed with just a handshake.
Many a car he bought with a handshake and then came back several days later and did all that paperwork and you can bet your hind parts there wasn't any "document fee" either.

That's the stupidest fee I've ever heard of,paying some "already getting paid" office person to do your title work....

Oooops
Old 10-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #19
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Bob,

We will be returning from the great Nothwest around the 20th.

Pat and I would be glad to pick ya'll up in Lampassas on the 22nd and take you to dinner ifn your up for it. Lampassas is right in our back yard.

Also, Don't know how long your planning on staying in Texas, but if it will include the 1st weekend in Nov we'd love for ya'll to join us in Murchison, TX for our Northeast Area Rally there even if it would be for one night on your way back.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #20
Administrator Emeritus

Don, dinner on the night of the 20th would be great....It'll only be me this trip as or daughter is in school...
I planned to do this recon trip to ABC to meet our rally coordinator and see the shows and such,then I'll head to Mena and see my daughter....
And although there will be PLENTY for the women to do in Kerrville while the guys do the satellite thing, there's no way our 4th grader could've taken that long of a trip....

I'm planning on leaving Mena rather early,so it'd be around 5 or so when I got to Boone...

Maybe email or PM me your phone number and I could call you when I either got close or on site...

THANKS!!! I LOVE TO
Old 10-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Just to make sure you two don't have a problem, I noticed that Don was talking 22nd, and Bob said 20th.

Make sure you two have your dates right! OK?
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #22
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Just to make sure you two don't have a problem, I noticed that Don was talking 22nd, and Bob said 20th.

Make sure you two have your dates right! OK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tommy.....IT IS THE 22ND

Fat fingers or something...
Old 10-06-2006, 05:44 AM   #23
Administrator Emeritus

ALERT!!!

Don, I'll send you a note but I just got off the phone with ABC in Branson and they have NO SITES large enough for me on the nights of the 19th and the 20th.

I'll be headed down a more southernly trek and that's another entire issue....

Streets and Trips routes me way down through Atlanta,Slidell,Houston and across....

Guess my works all started over again.

Sorry we won't hook up, but thanks for the offer...

Bob
Old 10-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #24
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Bob,

Sorry it didn't work out and you will have to miss Seven Mile Mountain and beautiful Central Texas.

Good luck on your new plans. Maybe you can hook up with Sandy and Rusty if your'e coming thru the Houston area.