Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
To get from Paradise or the Shipwreck Museum to Grand Marais, do I want to to take 123 down to Newberry, over to Seney on 28 and then north on 77 or is there some "short cut" I can take? Then my plans are to go to Munising for overnight. Now I want to see Pictured Rocks park while I am there. Is it better to go thru the park with the motorhome from Grand Marais to Munising or is it better to take 58 over to Munising and then go back up into the park with the toad?
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
To get from Paradise or the Shipwreck Museum to Grand Marais, do I want to to take 123 down to Newberry, over to Seney on 28 and then north on 77 or is there some "short cut" I can take? Then my plans are to go to Munising for overnight. Now I want to see Pictured Rocks park while I am there. Is it better to go thru the park with the motorhome from Grand Marais to Munising or is it better to take 58 over to Munising and then go back up into the park with the toad?
Mike
Old 08-02-2005, 12:04 PM   #3

I know it seems like the long way around to get from Paradise to Grand Marais but taking 123 to 28 then 77 really is the best way. Those roads are very nice. H58 from Grand Marais to Munising is going to be partially dirt road (unless they have finished the paving project that they were working on the last time we were thru there). And it's very washboardy! Top speed maybe 20 - 25 mph.

I don't know what you are expecting in Pictured Rocks but there is not really much to see unless you take one of the charter tours from Munising and view the cliffs from the water. There are some hiking trails, but you won't see much besides forest from the road.

Dave
dremelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Thanks Dave for the info. Our hope was to be able to travel up thru Pictured Rocks along the shore and stop at places like Miners Castle/Beach and so on. I think it is Miners Beach that you can see the rocks pretty well from there without actually taking a boat cruise. is that not correct?
Mike
Old 08-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #5

Yes, there are a few places where you can see the rocks without taking a cruise, but you probably won't be able to get the full effect. If you want to do some hiking then there are some trails to enjoy. Miner Falls is a short, easy walk from the parking area. Some of the other falls are longer hikes.

Here is a link to some pictures that I took last time we were there (Oct., 2003).
http://57panhead.com/images/UP.html

Dave
dremelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
You some great pictures there, Dave!!
Thank you very much for the info.
Mike