Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #1

Montgomery AL to Florida

Need some input please.....We are just off I-65, just north of Montgomery, AL, parked for the day. We are working our way home (Stuart, FL). The question is, should we run south on 65 to Mobile, then take 10 east to 75 south, or take 82 east to 75 in Tifton, GA? 65 is a great road but 82 will save us some miles.....BUT we do not want 82 if it's in poor shape or has a lot of traffic lights. In either case we won't need fuel (if that's an issue on 82). I need 12 feet of clearance.

Thanks very much for any input.

Marinelender is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Just did 82 last week coming south from the AUB game no problems....went that way to be farther east, visits.

If I were going to Stuart I would do 231 to Dothan/ I 10 to I 75 and then the Turnpike...all good roads. Better angle. Not 65 for sure that goes west.

Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with Twomed.

Hwy 231
I-10
I-75
FL Turnpike.

Just did this route two weeks ago from Enterprise to Orlando. Fuel is cheaper in AL so we fueled a PFJ in Dothan then topped of again in Wildwood, FL just prior to the FL Turnpike. We wanted nearly full fuel for going into the garage. You will want to top off to avoid higher prices on turnpike.

Enjoy the trip.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
I agree with Twomed.

Hwy 231
I-10
I-75
FL Turnpike.

Just did this route two weeks ago from Enterprise to Orlando. Fuel is cheaper in AL so we fueled a PFJ in Dothan then topped of again in Wildwood, FL just prior to the FL Turnpike. We wanted nearly full fuel for going into the garage. You will want to top off to avoid higher prices on turnpike.

Enjoy the trip.
Yep. Just made this trip last month using this routing. Great way to go.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
I agree with Twomed.

Hwy 231
I-10
I-75
FL Turnpike.

Enjoy the trip.
x3
231 down through dothan to florida is a nice drive, then pop put on 10 for a bit, plus there is a big exit in marianna with fuel and sonnys bbq

have a safe run
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #6

Thanks

Thanks guys....231 to 10 then 75 and the Ronald Reagan Turnpike it is. I'm feelin' betta' now!

Marinelender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida