Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
My 4th annual vacation in westeren Colorado

My 2 week vacation is Aug 20th (a Saturday) To Sept 4th (a Sunday).I got both my weeks together so then my yearly big trip out west will include Colorado and possiblity Moab Utah.
Every year I go I find new trails and see new things.
Many of the higher elavation trails are only open from the first few weeks of june though the middle of september.

Anyone on here is free to come along if you would like to. its 2 days of driveing EACH WAY. I drive about 65 on the way there so I can see the country. If you would like to see much more of the counrtry the more southeren route(I-40 though OK, TX, and NM) doesn't take all that much more time.
3 1/2 weeks to go..... west
here is what some of it looks like
These are just your basic county roads in Colorado.

[/

I think this year when I'm out there I'm gonna take a day of rest and go for a train ride
http://www.durangotrain.com/
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Those are my favorite roads. Will be there for a month starting Aug 18. Good pictures. The one looks like Animas Forks.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoon View Post
Those are my favorite roads. Will be there for a month starting Aug 18. Good pictures. The one looks like Animas Forks.
I will be there for 2 weeks. I'm leaving aug 19th or the 20th.
Have you done the black bear road? I run it evey year. We should do lunch in telluride.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Have not done Black Bear, the wife put the nix on that one. Lunch anywhere in the area is always good.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
One week till I leave There will be a fellow offroad club memeber and his father with me towing his Jeep.

Brigadoon, if you want you could ride with me down Black Bear. I'll need someone to take pics. Its a tough one to drive and take pics at the same time. And yes i have done that. Although i allways stops to take pics.
This will be my 3rd trip down that trail.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm here and having a good time. My RV (truck) did well on the way out.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Mekanic, we are stuck in Gunnison. While here the wife broke a tooth and our cat was diagnosed with cancer. Will be here for a while for treatment of both. Trip to Ouray is delayed.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoon View Post
We are stuck in Gunnison. Will be here for a while for treatment of both. Trip to Ouray is delayed.
Nothing like living in God's country and in a hop, skip, and a jump you're able to be in another beautiful spot in God's country. Gunnison to Ouray is one pretty drive, especiallyt when you hit 550 south out of Montrose.
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote