Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Beatcop49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
NC to Maine

I need a good route norrh drok the coast of NC to Bangor Maine, that by passes NY and DC, and isn't mountainous. Does such a route exist?
__________________

__________________
/G\
Beatcop49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2014, 12:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
JFXG's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today? Mercer, PA
Posts: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatcop49 View Post
I need a good route norrh drok the coast of NC to Bangor Maine, that by passes NY and DC, and isn't mountainous. Does such a route exist?
Yes. Try this. I've presumed you're leaving from Morehead City.

Morehead City, US 17, the Bridge/Tunnel, US13, US113, US13 to I-95 (NJTP) at Wilmington. NJ Tpke Exit 10, I-287, Tappan Zee Bridge, I-684, I-84 to Mass Pike (I-90) to I-495 to I-95N, I-295 at Portland to Gardiner, I-95 to Bangor.

No DC, no NYC, no mountains. A few little hills in western CT.

Most direct route right up I95 = 989 miles. This route = 1037 miles.

Enjoy!
__________________

__________________
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Beatcop49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Yes. Try this. I've presumed you're leaving from Morehead City.

Morehead City, US 17, the Bridge/Tunnel, US13, US113, US13 to I-95 (NJTP) at Wilmington. NJ Tpke Exit 10, I-287, Tappan Zee Bridge, I-684, I-84 to Mass Pike (I-90) to I-495 to I-95N, I-295 at Portland to Gardiner, I-95 to Bangor.

No DC, no NYC, no mountains. A few little hills in western CT.

Most direct route right up I95 = 989 miles. This route = 1037 miles.

Enjoy!
Thanks, and you presumed correct. Also, apologies for the typos...tablets are unforgiving to us with big fingers.

Wife is a contract nurse and we live part time in our TT while she works. We are looking at anything northeast. Can this route be used for Rhode Island too? I tow with a Tacoma, which does ok in the south and east. Currently north of Houston. I see turnpikes so I'm assuming there are tolls. Expensive?
__________________
/G\
Beatcop49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
demoon's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 817
You can use that route to get to RI, but you would need to make some adjustments, by taking 287 to 95 through CT (pretty nasty traffic). There are some alternatives, but I don't think any of them are wonderful.
Tolls on NJ Turnpike, Tappan Zee, I90, and 95 in ME. They are not cheap, but the other choices make them a pretty good deal.
__________________
Neil, Lin, and our furry companions, Ashby and Cody. 06 National Surf Side.
demoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Beatcop49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
You can use that route to get to RI, but you would need to make some adjustments, by taking 287 to 95 through CT (pretty nasty traffic). There are some alternatives, but I don't think any of them are wonderful.
Tolls on NJ Turnpike, Tappan Zee, I90, and 95 in ME. They are not cheap, but the other choices make them a pretty good deal.
Copy that, and thanks. Right now, it's between RI, Texas where we already are, finishing up a contract, and Northern Florida, which is where we hope to be.
__________________
/G\
Beatcop49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maine / Nova Scotia Trip Planning? mricet1005 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 6 07-19-2014 03:03 PM
We leave in 2 weeks for Maine! leighty6 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 5 07-12-2014 05:46 PM
MASSIVE RV Park FIRE - Old Orchard Beach, Maine - 10 (RVs) gone, 6 still burning :( EelKat iRV2.com General Discussion 12 05-09-2014 03:14 PM
Fayetteville Ar to Maine ?? tagcat Navigation, Routes & Roads 2 04-29-2014 02:48 PM
The Maine Event jeffwit Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 18 02-12-2014 06:20 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.