Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #1

I've got plans to travel to S.C. for a week in Myrtle Beach this June. In the past I traveled Route 15 south till it meshed with Route 29 south to 17 south then to I-95. My question is has anyone ever traveled the route between Interstate 66 and Interstate 95. Looking at my road atlas it appears to run through Manassas, Virginia and connects at exit 158 just north of Dale City, Virginia. I don't see any route number on this stretch of road. Does anyone here know of the route number, and has anyone ever traveled that route? I'd like to shave off some travel time and avoid the traffic around Warrenton and Opal, Virginia. It looks like a less busy area to connect with I-95 rather than Fredricksburg. If no one has used this route is there a way I can find out? Thanks for the Help.

Del Monte

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #2

I've got plans to travel to S.C. for a week in Myrtle Beach this June. In the past I traveled Route 15 south till it meshed with Route 29 south to 17 south then to I-95. My question is has anyone ever traveled the route between Interstate 66 and Interstate 95. Looking at my road atlas it appears to run through Manassas, Virginia and connects at exit 158 just north of Dale City, Virginia. I don't see any route number on this stretch of road. Does anyone here know of the route number, and has anyone ever traveled that route? I'd like to shave off some travel time and avoid the traffic around Warrenton and Opal, Virginia. It looks like a less busy area to connect with I-95 rather than Fredricksburg. If no one has used this route is there a way I can find out? Thanks for the Help.

Del Monte

Old 05-12-2005, 03:08 AM   #3

Hi,

I have used the 15-29-17 and then onto the I-95. Have also used the 663 Dale City to Manassas. At Dale City I was stuck in traffic for an hour on 95-N. Manassas has a bunch of traffic lights if I remember right. I sometimes, often, take the I-81 to Winchester, Va. and then the 17 to I-95. Works out pretty. good. The 15 out of Harrisburg is a good road, but I would suggest accessing the I-95 south of Dale City.

http://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html
2Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #4

I'll agree with you on that. I spoke to a co-worker who used to be a truck driver he said the same thing about the red lights in Manassas. I'm looking at a current issue of the Road Atlas and it also shows another route that runs below Manassas, Route 234. Any one ever traveled that road? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:06 AM   #5

Why not try I-77 South? I have used this route - I-77 to I-66 - to visit Bethesda, Md, twice yearly for the past three years. I-77 has little traffic, and other than one steep down/upgrade in southern VA which gets very foogy at night, it is a marvelous highway. I-77 goes to Columbia and then you can take another highway to Myrtle Beach. There is much, much less traffic than I-95.
Annie K. and Sparky, the long-haired chihuahua
03 Journey DL 36LD
04 Saturn L300W toad
Blue Ox and Brake Buddy