Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #1

Oregon 101 North From Cresent City

Waiting out the rain in Crescent City and want to hit the road Tuesday north to Lakeside, Or. Will be driving a 37' DP with toad and would like some info. on what the drive is like let alone if it's still raining. I'm a nubie so all responses will be appreciated.
Thanks Jim & Diane

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 05:38 PM   #2

Wind, rain. High winds across the head lands is the norm. The road is fine to travel on. Check tripcheck for road conditions and cameras with current conditions.

450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:03 PM   #3

There is a lot of rain happening as you well know. I am seeing reports of 2" so far today and another north along the coast of a station reporting 10". Brookings had somewhere between 5" and 9" reported from Thursday night. It looks like a couple of more days of serious rain. If you have had with Crescent you might make a run for Brookings.

avid
2015 Bay Star 3103, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:20 PM   #4

The highway is fine, we traveled it in 40' MH with toad. Sorry about the rain, we had fog just about every morning when we traveled the coast this summer. Brookings has a nice state park, some spots are tight. we have also stayed at Newport, Tillamuck, Humbug SP, and McMinnville. Looks like Humbug SP is about 1/2 way to Lakeside.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:25 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We are currently work camping in Gold Beach, about 50 miles north of Cresent City. We drive our toad frequently between brookings and coos Bay. There are frequent passing lanes but other wise usually just 1 lane each way. Nwot many pull offs going north bound however. There will some road / bridge construction between brookings and coos bay and it will slow down to 1 lane 'total' for a short distance. Do not plan on traveling above 50 to 55 mph.

Good Luck.

Lee
Old 10-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #6

The SW Oregon heavy rain is supposed to be over by Tuesday - so the weather forecaster says.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #7

Question I-5 Red Bluff to 101 north

Any issues with Hwy 36 out of Red Bluff over to Hwy 101 on the coast? I'm leaving tomorrow to do the Oregon Coast. Looks like from Stockton I could take I-5 north and cut over on 36. I have a 32 ft Class A with a toad.
Maddawg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
Any issues with Hwy 36 out of Red Bluff over to Hwy 101 on the coast? I'm leaving tomorrow to do the Oregon Coast. Looks like from Stockton I could take I-5 north and cut over on 36. I have a 32 ft Class A with a toad.
See my reply in your other thread.