Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Oregon 101 to 20 in California

We missed the window of good weather on I-5 to get over the Siskiyou's. Now we can leave and do not want to wait out the storms. It sounds like tomorrow would be the only good day to cross the Siskiyous so we are considering going over the 101, drive down the Oregon Coast and California taking 20 to over to I-5. Our destination is Yuma via Lake Havasue. We have driven as far as Eureka so know the road is good to there.

How many others have driven the road in winter?

Any suggestions would be appreciate. Oh, will be driving a 34ft MH with car in tow.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
You shouldn't have any trouble at all with that route. I personally hate I-5 and try to stay off of it whenever I can. Personally I would stay on 101 to Petaluma then head over to Vallejo, down I-680 to San Jose and then pickup 101 again.

Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
101 gets very tight in places, the speed limit drops to 35 in the worst places so just go slow and enjoy the beauty of the Redwoods.
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We went over 20 three years ago in January, Stayed at Clear Lake and then went on over to Williams on 5. Two lane road but it was fine.

There is one pretty steep down hill grade that I remember.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote