Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #15

Note that not all Flying J's with RV lanes provide great access, I stopped at one in Cheyenne Wyoming last month at was very tight to get into, particularly the outer lane due to the overgrown bushes / trees next to it. The angle on the exit by the bulk propane station did not help either.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2017, 07:21 AM   #16

LucasOil I do use Allstays and love it. The Flying J web site let's me basis the search to just those stations that have RV lanes.
Someone mentioned that Pilot/Flying J is often not the cheapest gas available and they're right. We have a Pilot station where I live and they rarely have the best price. When traveling with the RV is worth an extra 5¢ a gallon to not have to worry about getting in and out of a strange gas station.
CWJK55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Note that not all Flying J's with RV lanes provide great access, I stopped at one in Cheyenne Wyoming last month at was very tight to get into, particularly the outer lane due to the overgrown bushes / trees next to it. The angle on the exit by the bulk propane station did not help either.
That's why I was happy to find the Flying J web site that let's me narrow the search to only those stations with RV lanes.
CWJK55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWJK55 View Post
LucasOil I do use Allstays and love it. The Flying J web site let's me basis the search to just those stations that have RV lanes.

Someone mentioned that Pilot/Flying J is often not the cheapest gas available and they're right. We have a Pilot station where I live and they rarely have the best price. When traveling with the RV is worth an extra 5¢ a gallon to not have to worry about getting in and out of a strange gas station.

Understood.. And I agree about price. I'll gladly pay a little more for the convenience of the fuel lanes.
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #19
Lit

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasOil View Post
Understood.. And I agree about price. I'll gladly pay a little more for the convenience of the fuel lanes.
Ditto that
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #20

We pull in Flying J, gas up on the RV lanes, fill water tank and dump, if needed and then move over to the RV parking for the night.

It's not just cars blocking pumps. I'v seen RVs blocking the RV lanes, while having dinner. If that's the case, we gas up in the morning.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #21

Pilot/Flying J RV lanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
We pull in Flying J, gas up on the RV lanes, fill water tank and dump, if needed and then move over to the RV parking for the night.

It's not just cars blocking pumps. I'v seen RVs blocking the RV lanes, while having dinner. If that's the case, we gas up in the morning.

Funny, I pulled into the flying j on I-40 east of Barstow and watched a family of 4 park in the RV fuel lane and stroll on over to the wendys for lunch. Also, a small pick up truck was in the other fuel lane doing some sort of maintenance. Luckily, there was an open slot for me. It's amazing how ignorant or thoughtless people can be. I don't have any desire to confront folks like this. Messes with my mojo!
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:42 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you're a Good Sam member you can get a PFJ RV Plus Card that will give you a discount of between .05¢ to .08¢ per gallon depending if gas or diesel.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWJK55 View Post
That's why I was happy to find the Flying J web site that let's me narrow the search to only those stations with RV lanes.
I think you misread my post, the Flying J in Cheyenne does have "RV lanes" at a separate island from the auto pumps, however it is poorly designed and has overgrown trees next to it making access to some of the RV pumps difficult.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:27 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe its a western states (where we hang out) thing . I'd definitely still use google to check out any station even if it pops up as having rv lanes. I've been to more than one where getting to, through, and/or out can be a challenge.