RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #1

Place to overnight near Baltimore

Looking for a place to overnight near the bypass around Baltimore. any ideas?

MBrownell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I don't have any experiences in that area, but you can always go to RV Park Reviews and look at the campgrounds along your route or in the area where you will be near: Maryland Campground Reviews - The Best of Maryland Camping - Campground Reviews

DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrownell View Post
Looking for a place to overnight near the bypass around Baltimore. any ideas?
Where are you thinking?

North of B town - https://www.barharborrvpark.com/

West of the beltway - https://parkreservations.maryland.gov/

South 0ff I-97 - https://koa.com/campgrounds/washington-dc/

Wall*Marts all along the way - https://www.allstays.com/c/walmart-m...ations-map.htm

Good luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:15 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
There's a Walmart in Dundalk off 695 and a Cracker Barrel further south in Linthicum Heights off MD 295.

Where are you coming from? My advice is to avoid the whole Philly/Baltimore/DC in its entirety. Staying near Baltimore will ensure you'll be fighting morning traffic going either north or southbound!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:57 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
MBrownell-

I suggest Cherry Hill RV Park in College Park. Nice park, open year-round.

I believe the KOA mentioned in post #3 closed after Thanksgiving, to reopen in the Spring.

We have stayed at Bar Harbor RV Park, in the Spring. Not sure if it's open now.

I suggest you follow the beltways east around D.C. and Baltimore, if possible. There's usually less traffic that direction.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:38 AM   #6

Coming from Westchester county, NY heading toward Hampton, VA what alternate route would you suggest?
MBrownell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Coming from Westchester county, NY heading toward Hampton, VA what alternate route would you suggest?
From Westchester to Hampton, it does not pay to go the westerly route which many of us take from the NY metro area to FL.

However, you could turn off 95 just past Wilmington DE and take the route through the Delmarva Peninsula and the bridge tunnel. Easy driving that route with no traffic. Many campsites along the way and an overnight rest stop in Smyrna, DE.

You will have a toll and have to turn off propane at the tunnel, but that sure beats DC traffic!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #8

Quote:
MAP - https://binged.it/2P8GbaA

I usually get off of NJT to I-295 as the wait to pay the toll at the end of the turnpike is often long.

If the timing and the day is right we have (usually on early Sunday Morning) taken I-95 through the City of Philly to avoid the toll at DMB - $35 - yes I'm cheap but because i've got well over a 100 trips this has saved me some Big $$$$ over the years

Down the shore be sure to keep your speed under control as they love to get out of staters to help the local economy.

Couple good deals here - avoid Baltimore and Washington and Richmond - big time savings there - will make the toll on the Bridge Tunnel easier to swallow - one more thing to think about is getting the Coach and the Toad separated before going through the tunnel - CBBT Toll Calculator

Hope this helps,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace